Putting this Trade Shingo talk to rest.

White Sox Josh

You have a link to this? Because i never knew about this. This was his contract information from day one that i have known about.

Shingo Takatsu: 1- Year worth 1M- will make 700K in 2004- includes 2005 Team option worth 2.525M or a 250K buyout- Option was EXERCISED by CHW on 10/28/04 Agent: Joe Urbon

You have a link to this? Because i never knew about this. This was his contract information from day one that i have known about.

I never heard that Shingo had a no-trade clause either. He is just making $2.5 million on a team option this year. Regardless, since when was there any trade talk regarding Shingo? From message board rumors?

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ May 12, 2005 -> 11:58 PM)
I remember reading about it when he was signed.  I think the first year was partial no-trade and the second was full no trade or it may be the other way around.

Don't think so but i may be wrong. Find an article if you can.

Jose Contreras had a full no-trade clause, and was guaranteed a playoff spot too

He accepted a trade to the Sox.

Not like a player on a winning team waiving their no-trade clause is completely unheard of

(this if he even does have a no-trade clause)

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 13, 2005 -> 12:09 AM)
Jose Contreras had a full no-trade clause, and was guaranteed a playoff spot too

He accepted a trade to the Sox.

Not like a player on a winning team waiving their no-trade clause is completely unheard of

(this if he even does have a no-trade clause)

Different Circumstances. Jose hated New York.

Different Circumstances.  Jose hated New York.

Not quite. The story is that Contreras didn't want to even waive his no-trade clause last year. He didn't want to leave his buddy El Duque. The rumor is that Steinbrenner threatened to throw him in the bullpen for mop-up duties if he didn't waive it.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 12, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
Totally different circumstances since he does not have one.

He sure does. It was a full no-trade clause, but he said that New York didn't want him anymore and knew they weren't going to give him anymore chances. He said if someone doesn't want you in their house, then you leave. He said he likes Ozzie and that since the White Sox wanted him, that's why he waived his no trade clause. Of course El duque coming over is even better for him. See, there's way less pressure on Contreras(even if making the playoffs and stuff) because the White Sox are a low-key team and if he blows something, we'll be pissed, but we'll forgive.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 13, 2005 -> 12:40 AM)
He sure does. It was a full no-trade clause, but he said that New York didn't want him anymore and knew they weren't going to give him anymore chances. He said if someone doesn't want you in their house, then you leave. He said he likes Ozzie and that since the White Sox wanted him, that's why he waived his no trade clause. Of course El duque coming over is even better for him. See, there's way less pressure on Contreras(even if making the playoffs and stuff) because the White Sox are a low-key team and if he blows something, we'll be pissed, but we'll forgive.

Talking about different circumstances since shingo does not have one.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 12, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)

If you are saying that Shingo would think that the White Sox were happy with him since they are trying to trade him, I think you would be wrong.

Given, I don't think they'll trade him...even with how s***ty he has been, he is still a lovable player on the Sox, and is a media darling.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ May 13, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
You can only hope that Shingo gets it straightened out, but as has been remarked here somewhere, "shades of Bill Koch."

Except that Shingo's arm is not burned out, and it is hard to make fun of the way Shingo looks, because he does not have a silly ass Billy-goat goatee.