XBox 360

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The graphics were underwhelming, and were merely a notch or two above what the Xbox can currently produce. Of course those are just games in early development so we really don't know anything yet and will have to wait for E3 to see more footage. I wonder what the Rev and PS3 will be like.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan13 @ May 12, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
The graphics were underwhelming, and were merely a notch or two above what the Xbox can currently produce.

Well, the improvemnt is that XBox 360 will be HD. However, that is a moot point since PS3 will be HD as well with better equipment.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ May 12, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
Well, the improvemnt is that XBox 360 will be HD. However, that is a moot point since PS3 will be HD as well with better equipment.

Um, the current Xbox already does have high-definition support for nearly all it's games. So will Rev and as you said PS3. They're just having all the 360 games support 720p instead of just 480p.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan13 @ May 12, 2005 -> 08:11 PM)
Um, the current Xbox already does have high-definition support for nearly all it's games. So will Rev and as you said PS3. They're just having all the 360 games support 720p instead of just 480p.

You are correct sir. My mistake.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ May 12, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
You are correct sir. My mistake.

No problem. :D

Anyway, I speculate that this next-gen is going to concentrate on offering more gameplay experiences (i.e. dynamic NPCs and environments, humongous worlds, limitless interactivity, etc.). I'm really looking forward to it.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ May 12, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
I will give the XBox 360 credit for using wireless controllers. I hope the batteries have a long life, so that worries me. other than that, i like the concept.

Same here. I have a Wavebird for Cube and a Logitech wireless pad for Xbox and they're great (plan to get one for PS2 soon), and wireless controllers are absoluetly amazing, just as long as their battery life is decent.

Edited by whitesoxfan13

PS3 definitely looks like it is going to destroy this version of the Xbox. I saw some video of this PS3 game called Dark Sector that looked ridiculously sweet. Just what I need, an excuse to drop hundreds of dollars on a new system. Oh well, at least I have some time.

Edit: My bad, Dark Sector will be on the next generation Xbox and Playstation. Still looks sweet.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ May 13, 2005 -> 01:37 AM)
PS3 definitely looks like it is going to destroy this version of the Xbox. I saw some video of this PS3 game called Dark Sector that looked ridiculously sweet. Just what I need, an excuse to drop hundreds of dollars on a new system. Oh well, at least I have some time.

I'll believe it when I see it. PS2 is way inferior to the X...I would expect the trend to continue.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 13, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)
I'll believe it when I see it.  PS2 is way inferior to the X...I would expect the trend to continue.

Yeah, but that's because PS2 was already a year old when the Xbox was released. Now it's vice versa with the new consoles.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan13 @ May 13, 2005 -> 11:07 AM)
Yeah, but that's because PS2 was already a year old when the Xbox was released. Now it's vice versa with the new consoles.

For now, I'll stick with uber-nerd Bill Gates. Plus, Halo 2 blows away any exclusive games from Piece of s*** 2.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 13, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
For now, I'll stick with uber-nerd Bill Gates.  Plus, Halo 2 blows away any exclusive games from Piece of s*** 2.

*cough*

Why can't people just enjoy games no matter what console they're on? Why all the mindless bashing? :huh

Edited by whitesoxfan13

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 13, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)
We have PS2 at home at love it.  My brother has XBox.  I can't say I was overly impressed by it, but to each their own.

I had a PS2 for about 2 1/2 years and the day I got my XBox is could tell a huge difference..

The graphics are smoother and the loading time is way faster.. The biggest difference that I could see in this case was in NCAA 2005.. When you simulated in dynasty mode it would take forever but with XBox the weeks go by so fast, the recruiting goes by so fast..

When you save a game on XBOX it takes like 5 seconds as opposed to the like 20 it takes PS2 which doesnt seem like much but when im in a hurry to go somewhere and im trying to save its faster

QUOTE(T R U @ May 13, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
I had a PS2 for about 2 1/2 years and the day I got my XBox is could tell a huge difference..

The graphics are smoother and the loading time is way faster.. The biggest difference that I could see in this case was in NCAA 2005.. When you simulated in dynasty mode it would take forever but with XBox the weeks go by so fast, the recruiting goes by so fast..

When you save a game on XBOX it takes like 5 seconds as opposed to the like 20 it takes PS2 which doesnt seem like much but when im in a hurry to go somewhere and im trying to save its faster

I had a PS2 I got for free, but took it to Gamespot for store credit. Xbox - Better graphics, no memory cards needed, faster loading times, better games (see Halo and Halo2)...just better. Any good game for PS2 you can get for the X.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 13, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)
I had a PS2 I got for free, but took it to Gamespot for store credit.  Xbox - Better graphics, no memory cards needed, faster loading times, better games (see Halo and Halo2)...just better.  Any good game for PS2 you can get for the X.

I'm in no way dissing the Xbox or unjustly boasting the PS2 (I gladly own all three consoles and enjoy them equally), but that last statement is just asinine. There are tons of great games for PS2 that aren't on Xbox, such as MGS3, DMC3, or GoW. The fact is that there are many great exclusive games on every console and anyone who thinks otherwise is probably a fanboy.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan13 @ May 13, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
I'm in no way dissing the Xbox or unjustly boasting the PS2 (I gladly own all three consoles and enjoy them equally), but that last statement is just asinine. There are tons of great games for PS2 that aren't on Xbox, such as MGS3, DMC3, or GoW. The fact is that there are many great exclusive games on every console and anyone who thinks otherwise is probably a fanboy.

X-Box has the least great exclusive games. After Halo and Halo 2, I really can't think of anything that stands out...

As far as exclusives, I gotta go with Nintendo...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 13, 2005 -> 01:15 PM)
X-Box has the least great exclusive games.  After Halo and Halo 2, I really can't think of anything that stands out...

I also belive that the big N has the best exclusive games, but there's also a lot of good Xbox games that are exclusive besides the Halo series (which is grossly overrated IMO). For example, Crimsom Skies, Oddworld, and Panzer Dragoon Orta come to mind.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 13, 2005 -> 01:15 PM)
X-Box has the least great exclusive games.  After Halo and Halo 2, I really can't think of anything that stands out...

Who the f*** still plays Nintendo?