Preston Wilson

DBAHO

QUOTE(rafacosta @ May 13, 2005 -> 06:52 AM)
There is a lot of RFers that we can get. I rather take Jose Guillen and his contract than get Wilson...Jose Guillen's stats: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5753

He is making 3.5 mil this year...

This assuming Washington isn't blinded by it being their first year in the league and them thinking they have a shot against the clearly superior Florida and Atlanta teams, even if they are only like 6 out at the trade deadline.

This also assuming that they realize Guillen has been known to be problem in the clubhouse. If they have no problem f***ing with team chemistry, by all means do it.

I gotta feeling that KW does not want to f*** with team chemistry.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 13, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
This assuming Washington isn't blinded by it being their first year in the league and them thinking they have a shot against the clearly superior Florida and Atlanta teams, even if they are only like 6 out at the trade deadline.

This also assuming that they realize Guillen has been known to be problem in the clubhouse.  If they have no problem f***ing with team chemistry, by all means do it.

I gotta feeling that KW does not want to f*** with team chemistry.

You think Guillen would be pissed off about moving from a mediocre team to a playoff team??? I think not. He learned his lesson. He went to counsling. He's grown up already. I certainly would take him, problem is he's still relatively young and he is their superstar. Washington fans wouldn't like that.

QUOTE(rafacosta @ May 13, 2005 -> 07:52 AM)
There is a lot of RFers that we can get. I rather take Jose Guillen and his contract than get Wilson...Jose Guillen's stats: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5753

He is making 3.5 mil this year...

Why would Washington trade him? I just don't see why.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 13, 2005 -> 01:25 AM)
Is he only making 4 mill this season? I thought it was more like 5, or 6, but now that I think of it, what's the 2nd year of his contract worth and isn't there a buyout?

And it's probably more likely the Sox would try an in house solution before acquiring Wilson anyways. Now if it was CRAIG Wilson we were talking about, that's a different story.

Craig is on the DL.

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ May 14, 2005 -> 08:31 AM)
Craig is on the DL.

For 6 to 8 weeks with a finger injury. He's hit for hardly no power this year with 1 HR in 25 games, but he's only making $3,000,000 and look at these splits. .296/.436/.395

Quite extrodinary, he's hitting .167/.542 at home, .373/1.002 away.

Because, while he is a good player, if Jose Guillen is the face of your franchise, you have problems.

Not saying I wouldn't take him - I was one of the biggest supporters of getting him, especially since it would have cost us like maybe Willie Harris and Jon Adkins - just saying he has been known to have been a problem in the clubhouse before, and I don't think KW would f*** with that with the way this team is gelling.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 13, 2005 -> 11:08 PM)
Because, while he is a good player, if Jose Guillen is the face of your franchise, you have problems.

Not saying I wouldn't take him - I was one of the biggest supporters of getting him, especially since it would have cost us like maybe Willie Harris and Jon Adkins - just saying he has been known to have been a problem in the clubhouse before, and I don't think KW would f*** with that with the way this team is gelling.

Just like he "f***ed with the chemistry" by getting AJ. When you have a majority in the clubhouse(every guy thinks the same way) Jose Guillen won't mess that up. Hell, I see him and Ozzie liking each other. With that said, he's changed drastically and values baseball. Him getting kicked off the team for the rest of the year last year was the best thing that happened to him. No way Washington trades him.

I would have traded Willie and Adkins in a second for Jose Guillen. I'd rather have Guillen in RF than Dye right about now and Ozuna could just fill Willie's role. Adkins is in Charlotte anyways so he wouldn't really be missed.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 14, 2005 -> 12:44 AM)
I would have traded Willie and Adkins in a second for Jose Guillen.  I'd rather have Guillen in RF than Dye right about now and Ozuna could just fill Willie's role.  Adkins is in Charlotte anyways so he wouldn't really be missed.

I would have too

You can look that up too. I was one of the biggest backers as far as acquiring Guillen was concerned.

Jermaine Dye is struggling but so are other big names: Angel Berroa KCR, Jason Kendall OAK, Victor Martinez CLE, Michael Cuddyer MIN, Ruben Gotay KCR, Eric Chavez OAK, & Aaron Boone CLE.

COL needs RP. Particularly a closer. Shingo/Marte + Dye could probably land Wilson.

I say no. Look at their RON #'s:

JD 2004 .264A .341O .460S vs PW 2004 .209A .287O .309S

JD 2005 .128A .196O .255S vs PW 2005 .250A .313O .467S

There is a huge disparity in salary but I've read COL is willing to pick up a major portion of Wilson's $'s. But I still believe it is more likely that by season's end Dye will produce more than Wilson in RON sits. That's what matters most with this team.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ May 14, 2005 -> 10:39 AM)
Jermaine Dye is struggling but so are other big names:  Angel Berroa KCR, Jason Kendall OAK, Victor Martinez CLE, Michael Cuddyer MIN, Ruben Gotay KCR, Eric Chavez OAK, & Aaron Boone CLE.

COL needs RP.  Particularly a closer.  Shingo/Marte + Dye could probably land Wilson.

I say no. Look at their RON #'s:

JD 2004 .264A .341O .460S vs PW 2004 .209A .287O .309S

JD 2005 .128A .196O .255S vs PW 2005 .250A .313O .467S

There is a huge disparity in salary but I've read COL is willing to pick up a major portion of Wilson's $'s.  But I still believe it is more likely that by season's end Dye will produce more than Wilson in RON sits.  That's what matters most with this team.

What matters most with this team is getting it done, and Dye ain't getting it done.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 14, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)

So let me get this right...he is too much of a clubhouse problem for Washington, so your solution is to acquire him? He is cheap for them, and they are going to be able to keep him for awhile. They will be able to go after some quality FA's (Castilla and Guzman weren't top tier FA's last year) because they don't have to worry about the issues they did this previous offseason. I honestly see them trading him equal to us trading Buerhle, as I don't recall any clubhouse problems in Cincy, Oakland, or Washington so far...

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ May 14, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
Jermaine Dye is struggling but so are other big names:  Angel Berroa KCR, Jason Kendall OAK, Victor Martinez CLE, Michael Cuddyer MIN, Ruben Gotay KCR, Eric Chavez OAK, & Aaron Boone CLE.

well Angel Berroa sucked last year and was sent to the minors, Kendall just switched leagues, cant explain V-Mart, Cuddyer first time he really been an everyday player, Gotay.. well he isnt a big name yet so dont know why say him, Chavez cant explain... and Aaron Boone wasnt even good his last healthy season in the yanks lineup.

But in Chavez case... he still at least a gold glove fielder unlike Dye has been.

Edited by SoxFan101