Rotation for the Cub Series

QUOTE(Sirotka33 @ May 13, 2005 -> 09:07 AM)
I have tickets to Saturdays game. Who will be on the hill for the cubbies?

The entire weekend goes like this:

Friday: Garcia vs. Zambrano

Saturday: Count vs. Maddux

Sunday: El-Duque vs. Prior

We got the meat of their rotation, I really wanted to see Jon come back to Wrigley and shut up those Cubs fans, but oh well. If we win this series there is absolutely nothing Cubs fans would be able to say cause we would have faced their top pitchers

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 13, 2005 -> 08:14 AM)
Dang, I hate to say this but they have an advantage in the pitching match ups. Hopefully our guys will be on their game.

Alll we have to do is weather whatever strom and get into that gorgeous bullpen of theirs. Then win by 30.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 13, 2005 -> 08:23 AM)
Alll we have to do is weather whatever strom and get into that gorgeous bullpen of theirs.  Then win by 30.

We gotta lay off the junk they throw up there and work them deep in the count. We do that and they will be gone by the 6th and we can shell their pen at will.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 13, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
Key is to get on these guys early. Zambrano can obviously be rattled up, so jumping on him early would be a huge boost. Same goes for Mad Dog, he seems to find his grove about the 3rd and just puts it on cruise control from there. Prior is pretty much Prior, so hopfully we catch him on an off day.

Like everyone said, getting to that Cubbie pen is key.

:gosox3:

The easiest way to rattle Zambrano is to show any kind of excitement or celebration. See, Zambrano is the only player in MLB who is allowed to get pumped.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ May 13, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
We did well vs Zambrano last season, we hammered Maddux as well. I don't see any different this season. The only pitcher who scares me is Mark Prior. El-duque is going to need the game of his life for us to win that one.

Don't recall if he played a big role in those games, but we don't have the Carlos Lee factor any more. I still think we can take 2 at Wrigley.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 13, 2005 -> 10:55 AM)
Don't recall if he played a big role in those games, but we don't have the Carlos Lee factor any more. I still think we can take 2 at Wrigley.

He played big roles against the Cubs in every game. Hopefully, PK could show why he starts at first base against us and starts hitting for once this season.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 13, 2005 -> 06:24 PM)
He played big roles against the Cubs in every game. Hopefully, PK could show why he starts at first base against us and starts hitting for once this season.

I know he was an all around Cub killer, I just didn't remember if he hit anyone particulalry better than anyone else. Someone else is gonna have to step up on O, it would be nice to see Death or Palsy earn their checks.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 13, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
I know he was an all around Cub killer, I just didn't remember if he hit anyone particulalry better than anyone else. Someone else is gonna have to step up on O, it would be nice to see Death or Palsy earn their checks.

He loved the fastball pitchers. He hit Wood and Zambrano hard.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 13, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
He loved the fastball pitchers.  He hit Wood and Zambrano hard.

I know Wood for sure. I'm pretty sure about Zambrano as well. I distinctly remember Zambo getting pissed against us within the first 3 innings of a game. Didn't Felix Diaz beat him or Maddux last year at the Cell??

heh, it seems like most of you guys hate Zambrano i personally love the guy, the amount of emotion he shows shows me how much he wants to win and than that 136 pitch complete game he threw was showing he is willing to put the team on his back and end the slide.

Any guy with that emotion and will to win is on my favorites list... besides didnt he say before he was a white sox fan? mebe ozzie can sneak him over once his contract is up :ph34r:

Im not 2 scared about Maddux but Prior can shut us down easy. One good thing is their offense has been as pathetic as ours... so our pitchers should be good.... just pitch around Derrick Lee ;)

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 13, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
heh, it seems like most of you guys hate Zambrano i personally love the guy, the amount of emotion he shows shows me how much he wants to win and than that 136 pitch complete game he threw was showing he is willing to put the team on his back and end the slide.

Any guy with that emotion and will to win is on my favorites list... besides didnt he say before he was a white sox fan? mebe ozzie can sneak him over once his contract is up  :ph34r:

Im not 2 scared about Maddux but Prior can shut us down easy.  One good thing is their offense has been as pathetic as ours... so our pitchers should be good.... just pitch around Derrick Lee  ;)

I don't ever remember Zambrano saying he was a White Sox fan. I personally could do without his nut grabbing routine. It would be funny if Freddy or whoever pitches against him does it after each strikeout. I love it when our players mock them. Just like Jose Valentin and Timo. It's great.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 13, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)

Any guy with that emotion and will to win is on my favorites list... besides didnt he say before he was a white sox fan? mebe ozzie can sneak him over once his contract is up  :ph34r:

Im not 2 scared about Maddux but Prior can shut us down easy.  One good thing is their offense has been as pathetic as ours... so our pitchers should be good.... just pitch around Derrick Lee  ;)

That's all fine and Jim f***in' dandy about Zambrano, but if he can be 'emotional' on the mound, he shouldn't get pissed off like a 6 year old girl when an opponent shows emotion too. If a guy homers or gets a hit off of him and shows any kind of excitement, Zambrano has a s*** fit and is ready to throw at someone. That's candy ass, childish, hypocrital BS. If he can dish it out, then he should take it like a man when it comes back his way.