Rotation for the Cub Series

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 13, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
I don't ever remember Zambrano saying he was a White Sox fan. I personally could do without his nut grabbing routine. It would be funny if Freddy or whoever pitches against him does it after each strikeout. I love it when our players mock them. Just like Jose Valentin and Timo. It's great.

I remember hearing that. He's a fellow Venezuelan of Ozzies, so when he grew up he grew up an Ozzie Guillen fan and thus grew up a White Sox fan. I remember hearing him say that. Too bad he'll never leave the NL, he likes hitting too much

:gosox1:

Their best against our worst will make for an interesting set of pitching matchups. I think the x-factor in the series will be Podsednik. If he gets on base once or twice a game, the Sox should win. If the Cubs are somehow able to hold him in check (they'd have to invent a way to do so), they'll have a lot better chance.

Zambrano was pulled from tonight's game dur to "tightness" in the right forearm.  There's a chance he may not be able to pitch against us.  We'll have to wait and see how this turns out.

He could miss his scheduled start against us...

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=683104

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 13, 2005 -> 09:14 AM)
Dang, I hate to say this but they have an advantage in the pitching match ups. Hopefully our guys will be on their game.

???

3-3, 4.02 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, .314 OBPA VS 3-2, 4.09 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, .314 OBPA

1-0, 3.18 ERA, 1.24 WHIP, .317 OBPA VS 2-1, 3.80 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, .306 OBPA

5-1, 2.91 ERA, 1.50 WHIP, .349 OBPA VS 3-1, 2.77 ERA, 1.03 WHIP, .248 OBPA

Considering that in the NL, you face much weaker lineups on a regular basis(with about the lone exception being St. Louis), due to the pitcher hitting, the matchups look pretty even, except in the last game - perhaps even favoring the Sox.

And as mentioned before, if the Sox can get to the bullpen with the score close, they will have a very good chance of winning the game.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 13, 2005 -> 01:40 PM)
Have any of our starters not ever batted in the majors?

This quote from Ozzie on Rotoworld just cracked me up about the upcoming series:

''If you see [Jose] Contreras hit, you would be embarrassed,'' Guillen said. ''That's why those games are a disadvantage for American League teams. Now we go to Wrigley Field, and their pitchers hit all year and we don't. If you can't hit or you can't bunt, I will pinch-hit for you and you won't have a chance to win games.'

Hopefully our pitchers don't embarress themselves batting--but if they keep up the good work that they have been pitching I'll forgive any of their offensive shortcomings. :)

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ May 17, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
This quote from Ozzie on Rotoworld just cracked me up about the upcoming series:

''If you see [Jose] Contreras hit, you would be embarrassed,'' Guillen said. ''That's why those games are a disadvantage for American League teams. Now we go to Wrigley Field, and their pitchers hit all year and we don't. If you can't hit or you can't bunt, I will pinch-hit for you and you won't have a chance to win games.'

Hopefully our pitchers don't embarress themselves batting--but if they keep up the good work that they have been pitching I'll forgive any of their offensive shortcomings. :)

You are probably one of the few around here that would take that point of view. :D