Broadcaster Change for Cub-Sox Games

For the first time since the Cub-Sox regular season series began in 1997, two local networks will broadcast the games. WGN-Ch 9 and Comcast Sports Net will carry the Friday and Sunday games. Fox will have Saturday's game.

CSN will use the Cubs broadcasters Friday and Sox crew on Sunday, and WGN will reverse it.

So no Cub-cast for us!!!!!

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ May 13, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
For the first time since the Cub-Sox regular season series began in 1997, two local networks will broadcast the games. WGN-Ch 9 and Comcast Sports Net will carry the Friday and Sunday games. Fox will have Saturday's game.

CSN will use the Cubs broadcasters Friday and Sox crew on Sunday, and WGN will reverse it.

So no Cub-cast for us!!!!!

I kinda wanted to see a combination of the two for these series. Like Hawk and Brenly for the first series and DJ and Kasper for the second. I think that would just be interesting and something new to hear.

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ May 13, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
I kinda wanted to see a combination of the two for these series.  Like Hawk and Brenly for the first series and DJ and Kasper for the second. I think that would just be interesting and something new to hear.

I would have to put a bullet in my head if I had to listen to the broadcast team of Kasper and Dj. :sleep :uhoh

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ May 13, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
Thats great news!! Hey speaking of our broadcasters- I really enjoyed the trio of DJ-Robin-Hawk last nite. There weren't any of those long-awkward periods of silence.

No doubt, that was the best broadcast of a Sox game I have heard in a long, long time. I loved it.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 13, 2005 -> 04:49 PM)
No doubt, that was the best broadcast of a Sox game I have heard in a long, long time.  I loved it.

Too bad Robin wants nothing to do with being a broadcaster. he couldn't express that enough.

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ May 13, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
Too bad Robin wants nothing to do with being a broadcaster.  he couldn't express that enough.

Yeah- maybe down the road he will. Hopefully the Sox would consider a broadcast trio of Robin-DJ-Hawk. Last nite was awesome.