If the playofs started today...

shakes

Who wouldn't make the 4 man rotation?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who wouldn't make the 4 man rotation?

• Mark Buehrle
    • Freddy garcia
    • El Duque
    • John Garland
    • THe Count

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 13, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
Well, at least we won't have to worry about having people work on 3 days rest.

I might rather have Garland go on 3 days rest. Sinkerballers are known to be better on 3 days rest.

Hell, look at Lowe last year against New York. He started game 7 on 2 days rest, and gave up like 1 hit in 6 innings.

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ May 13, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
No offense to shakes, but I think this survey is not gonna have a lot of different answers.  Anybody who has followed the team at all will probably vote the same way.

I agree with you. His control would just worry me out of the bullpen.

Honestly, no one right now. What I would do is have Buehrle, Garcia, Duque, Garland & Contreras pitch. Or I'd have two of the pitchers split a game. Have El Duque go half of the game, then Contreras the other half. I think Contreras would be worse off out of the pen. He's been doing fine. I don't care about walks. I care about runs and wins. Contreras has only had 1 bad game. The rest, he's given the team a chance to won.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 13, 2005 -> 03:37 PM)
Honestly, no one right now. What I would do is have Buehrle, Garcia, Duque, Garland & Contreras pitch. Or I'd have two of the pitchers split a game. Have El Duque go half of the game, then Contreras the other half. I think Contreras would be worse off out of the pen. He's been doing fine. I don't care about walks. I care about runs and wins. Contreras has only had 1 bad game. The rest, he's given the team a chance to won.

2 bad games and 1 mediocre performance. Otherwise, he has allowed 1 run in every outing.

Two bad ones have been...

4.2 IP, 6 H, 2 ER(3 R), 4 BB and 2 K against Minny on 4-18(104 pitches)

5 IP, 5 H, 4 ER(4 R), 5 BB, and 3 K against TB on 5-10(91 pitches)

His mediocre one was against Cleveland...

6.2 IP, 5 H, 4 ER(4 R), 5 BB, 3 K on 4-7(96 pitches)

So ya

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 13, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
2 bad games and 1 mediocre performance.  Otherwise, he has allowed 1 run in every outing.

Two bad ones have been...

4.2 IP, 6 H, 2 ER(3 R), 4 BB and 2 K against Minny on 4-18(104 pitches)

5 IP, 5 H, 4 ER(4 R), 5 BB, and 3 K against TB on 5-10(91 pitches)

His mediocre one was against Cleveland...

6.2 IP, 5 H, 4 ER(4 R), 5 BB, 3 K on 4-7(96 pitches)

So ya

I don't consider 2 ER(even in 4.2 innings) as a bad outing. Wasn't that the one where he had to leave because of a hammy or some type of leg injury?? The TB was the only bad start IMO.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 13, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
I would send Freddy to the Pen. Just because he hasn't met our expectations and is inconsistent.

Hasn't met expectations??? Are you kidding. Just because everyone else has overachieved doesn't make Freddy an underachiever. He's player great and has a low 3 ERA. He had the same ERA last year. He's doing his job and what was expected of him which is pretty damn good. Underachieving????? Wow, pass that crack over here.