Game Thread 5-15-2005 Sox vs Orioles

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(gettysburg32 @ May 15, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
SOX LOSE  :puke

I'm normally optimistic, and I'm not worried, and I'm not f***ing or s***ting or damning or hating anyone, we're still 27-11 which is laughably brilliant, and we're still 4 gms up on the Twins. 

That being said however, I'm fed up with the KonerkoDye co-slump, and I'm fed up with Cotts.  Nothing that can really be done about KonerkoDye, but unfortunately for Cotts, something can be done about him.  If Walker continues to be anything equal to or better than decent, when Gload returns, Walker should stay. 

The end.  (until tomorrow night, such is part of why baseball, in general, is great)

:gosox3:  :drink  :gosox3:  :drink

We're still 5 up on the Twins.

That's not whats bothering me though. Whats bothering me is that we can't hit a goddamn thing.

The last 2 games absolutely sucked as far as pitching is concerned, but the offense can do better also. We have so much of this failing to score the runner from 2nd with less than 2 outs that it is just plain sickening. We need to get rolling offense. But, we are in 1st and it's a long season. (That sound is me taking a deep breath)

QUOTE(JimH @ May 15, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
Go hide behind your uniform.

What has that got to do with anything?

You dont like what I have to say then go back to ignoring it. I am not interested in your opinion at all.

Hell, where did Gload go? LMAO. I don't keep up with the minor league stuff, meh. But I dunno if letting Gload down if that's what they did was a good idea.

Get Willie in there! O_O

Guest JimH
What has that got to do with anything? 

You dont like what I have to say then go back to ignoring it.  I am not interested in your opinion at all.

I'll say what I want to say, when I want to say it.

Just like you.

Don't like what I have to say, do the same ignoring that you suggest.

You've hid behind your uniform before, thought I'd call you on it before you did it again.

Don't like it, that's a shame ... just as you don't give a damn what I think, the feeling is more than mutual.

Oh, excuse me ... it's you don't give a f*** what I think, wanted to get that right.

Edited by JimH

Hell, where did Gload go? LMAO. I don't keep up with the minor league stuff, meh. But I dunno if letting Gload down if that's what they did was a good idea.

Get Willie in there!  O_O

Gload is on the DL but they should definately be sending Cotts sorry ass down when Gload is healthy.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ May 15, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)

Get Willie in there!  O_O

G-Load is on the shelf right now. Something wrong with his shoulder if I remember correctly.

Pitching was there for the most part. Dye has at least shown flashes. Paul has nothing. Crede gets on base usually now. PK, again has done nothing. He's one of those guys who got the offense on streaks instead of consistant hitting. Maybe we traded the wrong guy when we traded Carlos Lee.

Maybe we traded the wrong guy when we traded Carlos Lee.

I agree. I miss Carlos. When I heard he was traded, I went nuts. The thing is, Scotty is REALLY good, and damn, but I dunno..... was it worth it....?

QUOTE(JimH @ May 15, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
I'll say what I want to say, when I want to say it.

Just like you.

Don't like what I have to say, do the same ignoring that you suggest.

You've hid behind your uniform before, thought I'd call you on it before you did it again.

Don't like it, that's a shame ... just as you don't give a damn what I think, the feeling is more than mutual.

The only time I bring up my military service is when its relevant to the topic being discussed. I challenge you to find one single post on Pale Hose Talk where I bring it up.

I don't recall ever posting something negative about you till this thread but you're the one that tried to call me out because of my comment on Greg Walker but with the way we're hitting ( or not hitting ) you dont have a leg to stand on.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ May 15, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
I agree. I miss Carlos. When I heard he was traded, I went nuts. The thing is, Scotty is REALLY good, and damn, but I dunno..... was it worth it....?

C-Lee is hitting what .220? I dont miss him at all. Losing him for a real lead off hitter was well worth it.

Guest JimH
The only time I bring up my military service is when its relevant to the topic being discussed.  I challenge you to find one single post on Pale Hose Talk where I bring it up. 

I don't recall ever posting something negative about you till this thread but you're the one that tried to call me out because of my comment on Greg Walker but with the way we're hitting ( or not hitting ) you dont have a leg to stand on.

Naahhhh ... I remember plenty of times where you hide behind your uniform. That's ok ... if you say you haven't in certain forums, then you haven't. Fine with me, I know you're always right anyways.

I could care less if you post anything negative about me ... when you post your over the top crap and you don't know what you're talking about, I'll call you out.

Walker always preaches going the other way, if you knew anything about him and his philosophy, you'd know that. But you don't.

Try reading and learning more, and talking less.

Maybe I'ma bit superstitious, and maybe I'm missing something, but Carlos was hitting better than that when he was with us, no? He had, what? 30 Homers last year? And somehwere around 28 game hit streak? I'm prolly off on those numbers by a bit but u get the point.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 15, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
Naahhhh ... I remember plenty of times where you hide behind your uniform.  That's ok ... if you say you haven't in certain forums, then you haven't.  Fine with me, I know you're always right anyways.

I could care less if you post anything negative about me ... when you post your over the top crap and you don't know what you're talking about, I'll call you out.

Walker always preaches going the other way, if you knew anything about him and his philosophy, you'd know that.  But you don't.

Try reading and learning more, and talking less.

Like I said. I only bring it up when its relevant to whats being discussed. Nice try.

Back on topic though. If going the other way is what he's preaching then why is everyone on this team with the exception of Gooch trying to pull every thing thats thrown up there no matter how far outside? If that is, in fact, his philosophy then he's doing a horrible job of communicating that to the hitters.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

Guest JimH
Like I said.  I only bring it up when its relevant to whats being discussed.  Nice try.

Back on topic though.  If going the other wat is what he's preaching then why is everyone on this team with the exception of Gooch trying to pull every thing thats thrown up there no matter how far outside?  If that is, in fact, his philosophy then he's doing a horrible job of communicating that to the hitters.

I don't need to try, I know.

Interesting that you're a different person in one forum vs. another. I'll remember that. So much for consistency.

How do you know they're trying to pull everything? They aren't. You obviously watched the game as well as I did. You must've forgotten how many balls were hit foul the other way.

As I said ... listen and learn more ... talk less. It'll serve you well.

Guest JimH
Why is it always the manager, hitting coach, bench coach, vendor, parking guy, usher's fault?

Ever occur that maybe the hitters aren't doing their job?

Well, Nuke Cleveland said it, so obviously that's the real deal.

As you correctly point out, the hitters were the problem. Bedard was on his game, big time. He is a funky lefthander with a short arm motion and he was throwing strikes and getting ahead of guys. Unfortunately, it happens.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 15, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
I don't need to try, I know.

Interesting that you're a different person in one forum vs. another.  I'll remember that.  So much for consistency.

How do you know they're trying to pull everything?  They aren't.  You obviously watched the game as well as I did.  You must've forgotten how many balls were hit foul the other way.

As I said ... listen and learn more ... talk less.  It'll serve you well.

Thats more rediculous than your last post. God forbid I talk about things that are relevant to the topic. You're digging yourself deeper and deeper in the idiot hole with every post.

Fouling balls off the other way?!?! Its called being late on your swing. For those who are a little slow like you even Hawk explains it by saying "he was tardy on that one".

Did anyone see that awful vote on Comcast regarding Frank coming back into the lineup? 65% said "don't mess with success." On a team who's hitting is bad...... riiiiiggghhhttt. The bullpen may be doing good, and we've got soem good hitters, but it's hardly enough. Bring in Frank I say. I hate to be derogatory, but just look at what's happening.

Edited by TheBigHurt

Guest JimH
Thats more rediculous than your last post.  God forbid I talk about things that are relevant to the topic.  You're digging yourself deeper and deeper in the idiot hole with every post.

Fouling balls off the other way?!?!  Its called being late on your swing.  For those who are a little slow like you even Hawk explains it by saying "he was tardy on that one".

It was obvious to me they were trying to go the other way and fouled some pitches off. Go have another drink in whatever southern AZ watering hole you're in today. The idiot hole is whatever hole you dig for yourself ... daily.

By the way, it's "ridiculous", you should know how to spell that one.

What you don't know about baseball is a lot. What you know about over the top nonsense and profanity is quite a bit though.