Game Thread 5-15-2005 Sox vs Orioles

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get some negativity going here: shades of 2003 with Konerko in a slump and hitting his weight. What's going on here? Dye isn't prodiucing either. "What's happening?" he screamed. "The horror, the horror."

Guest JimH

Cotts comes on and promptly plunks the first guy, accidentally. That is not good.

He needs to throw strikes, he's not doing it.

Guest JimH

Don't think for a second that the approach of these other teams is, let's watch Cotts lose his control and either walk us or we can tee off on a fat pitch.

4-0 now, and it was hard hit.

Guest JimH

OK, 3 posts in a row, sue me.

I smell Cotts being optioned to AAA and somebody else being brought up.

Just a hunch. Cotts needs to work on something.

You can't have a f***ing reliever who is just as likely to hit a batter, throw a wild pitch, or walk the first hitter as he is to get the batter out. Cotts is not a major league pitcher....period. His career ERA blows.

Guest JimH
Cotts is not a major league pitcher....period.

He might be at some point, but he's not helping the team right now. Too inconsistent. He's young and inexperienced, this is not the role for him.

You can't have a f***ing reliever who is just as likely to hit a batter, throw a wild pitch, or walk the first hitter as he is to get the batter out.  Cotts is not a major league pitcher....period.  His career ERA blows.

Some people will try to tell you that he doesn't blow even thow his career ERA is almost 6.00.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 15, 2005 -> 09:02 PM)
Crede hasn't hit for a good 2 weeks, then he makes an awful error.

That's game.

No offense, but why is the game over now? Only one run scored on Crede's error. This game was lost by terrible ABs and Ozzie sitting back and waiting for the 3 run homer against a pitcher who has allowed one homer all year. Our offense has got to pick it up, because we can't count on bloops and seeing-eyed singles from Iguchi all season as our main source of offense.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 15, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
No offense, but why is the game over now?  Only one run scored on Crede's error.  This game was lost by terrible ABs and Ozzie sitting back and waiting for the 3 run homer against a pitcher who has allowed one homer all year.  Our offense has got to pick it up, because we can't count on bloops and seeing-eyed singles from Iguchi all season as our main source of offense.

I was holding off as not to be called a pessimist, I figured at 5 runs I was in the clear.

Guest JimH
Am I the only one sickened by the fact our two RF options right now are Dye and Timo?  Seems like we can't benefit either way by benching Dye or playing him.

Dye has been bad, no denying it.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 15, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
What, pray tell, is he supposed to do?

No reason for Pods not to be bunting in the 3rd inning after the leadoff walk to Crede. Pods is our best bunter, and is a good bet to beat out even an average bunt. Also, we don't utilize Iguchi in terms of hit-and-run. Iguchi hits a ton of grounders, and will continue to hit into a lot of double plays if we try and play stationary baseball. The combination of Pods on the bases and Iguchi at the plate should be perfect for hit-and-runs, even if Pods can't get a good jump against a lefty.