N Shimizu want to go the Sox

Winnin Ugly

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 15, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
That is some good news. Hopefully we may be able to get him for a discount, like we did for Iguchi.

But really for this to happen, we'll have to move one of our starters, most likely Contreras. And then B-Mac is going to have to wait for another season, unless the Sox decide to move him into long relief like Neal Cotts to give him experience at the major league level.

Or we send Cott's to a concentration camp and let Shiizu long-relieve?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 16, 2005 -> 01:08 AM)
Very true.....but he's blown 2 straight 3-run leads...

It happens. What if it happened to Mark Buerhle instead? Would the reaction be as great? Just some food for thought.

Also see my post on the Freddy Garcia thread that Nuke started. I made a couple of points about Garcia's struggles, and what he needs to improve on.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 15, 2005 -> 11:12 AM)
It happens. What if it happened to Mark Buerhle instead? Would the reaction be as great? Just some food for thought.

Also see my post on the Freddy Garcia thread that Nuke started. I made a couple of points about Garcia's struggles, and what he needs to improve on.

Ya, I read those. But his velocity is way down. Anyways, what does Shimizu throw?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 16, 2005 -> 01:13 AM)
Ya, I read those. But his velocity is way down. Anyways, what does Shimizu throw?

I hate to say it on Freddy, but maybe it could be a reoccurance of the arm / shoulder injury that he had late last season that affected him.

I'll try to see what I can find on Shimizu's stuff. The Forums at Japanese Baseball are usually a good place to start.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 15, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
I hate to say it on Freddy, but maybe it could be a reoccurance of the arm / shoulder injury that he had late last season that affected him.

I'll try to see what I can find on Shimizu's stuff. The Forums at Japanese Baseball are usually a good place to start.

I was thinking the same thing. He could be going through a period of dead-arm kinda like what happend to E-Lo last year. I am not giving up on him, just waiting for him to get his s*** together.

i'm not seeing freddy get killed due to lack of velocity though, it's leaving pitches up. I think he just may be a pitcher who has trouble pitching with a lead, he gets lazy and starts laying things right over the plate. Then when he gets into a jam he bears down and throws stuff lower in the zone and gets better results.

He was over 100 pitches going into the 7th last night, and after only using Hermanson the night before there was no reason the bull-pen didn't start that inning.

Nothing on Shimizu yet, but I have found this guy who could be the next Hideki Matsui;

Through the first 13 games of the season, Tsuyoshi Nishioka is hitting .413/.471/.739. He's not going to hit over .400 and slug over .700 for the year. But if he keeps hitting like the best shortstop in NPB, it will be interesting to see how his season at age 20/21 compares to a couple of recent superstars when they were the same age.

Ichiro: 1994, .385/.445/.549

Godzilla: 1995, .283/.363/.481

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 15, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)

Was the reason he got hit hard last night because his velocity was down 2-3 MPH?

Not to me, at least. He hung curves -- can't do that to the best offense in the AL.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 15, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
Nothing on Shimizu yet, but I have found this guy who could be the next Hideki Matsui;

Wouldn't count on that. Hideki matsui is considered to be one of the greatest players in japan's history. Shimizu is raw as f*** at this point and has enough power for maybe 15 homeruns and not a really great eye. He clearly has the potential being the marines number one pick but way too early to tell.

Shimizu will go the padres if he goes to any team. Who i really want is uehara and igawa both considered to be better than matzusuka but not as young. Neither are pricks like matzusuka either.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 15, 2005 -> 06:22 PM)
Shimizu is raw as f*** at this point and has enough power for maybe 15 homeruns and not a really great eye. He clearly has the potential being the marines number one pick but way too early to tell.

Shimizu is a pitcher... :huh

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 15, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
I was confused by that post as well. :huh:

Shimizu IS a pitcher. I was wondering why he said:

Shimizu is raw as f*** at this point and has enough power for maybe 15 homeruns and not a really great eye. He clearly has the potential being the marines number one pick but way too early to tell.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 15, 2005 -> 06:57 PM)
Shimizu IS a pitcher. I was wondering why he said:

I meant nishioka instead of shimizu for the first part.

Point still stands that shimizu will most likely go to the padres. They have had interest in him for quote a while now.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 16, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)

Point still stands that shimizu will most likely go to the padres. They have had interest in him for quote a while now.

One of Matsuzuka or Shimizu will probably have a good chance at going to the Padres, considering the Padres are also scouting Daisuke. And they'll probably become studs pitching at PETCO too. A very nice rotation they'll have there with Jake Peavy and Adam Eaton.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 15, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)

Then would it make any sense for Shimizu to indicate that he'd like to join the White Sox?

Even if he wants to, it won't happen. Garland, Buehrle, Hernandez and Garcia are locked up, and when Contreras is shipped out, McCarthy will fill his rol (assuming he isn't traded).

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ May 15, 2005 -> 09:02 PM)
Then would it make any sense for Shimizu to indicate that he'd like to join the White Sox?

Even if he wants to, it won't happen. Garland, Buehrle, Hernandez and Garcia are locked up, and when Contreras is shipped out, McCarthy will fill his rol (assuming he isn't traded).

The padres have been the favorite for a while now and i put into account that we would have no need for him as you mentioned. The padres seem to be the favorites for basically every japanese player coming out in the next two years and i expect them to get two next year and at the very least one.