Mariotti challenges us

knightni

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 16, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
I was at the game with Brian and his family (a group of 12 total).  Keep in mind Brian is not a Sox fan (I think I am starting to get him to cheer for the Sox as I can hear the game in the garage occasionally and he seems to be saying quite a few positive things about the team).  During the game he looked around and said that he thought it was packed - that took a lot to come from him lol.

I don't know what the attendance was yesterday as FMIL made us leave in the beginning of the 8th (she was driving his sister and us so we had to go when she said so lol).

34,030, including 8 of us, and my moms first game since 1977 :headbang

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 16, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
Does anyone else just keep looking at the calendar and can't wait until June so we can put some, some, of this attendance stuff to rest? Of course that series against the Drays ought to be scary during 4th of July week.

if they promote it right it won't be a problem.

If my 1st place team is at home on the 4th of july, I know i'll be there.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 16, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
if they promote it right it won't be a problem.

If my 1st place team is at home on the 4th of july, I know i'll be there.

They are. Playing the Rays.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 16, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
I'm stuck in the weekend still. Too much drinking and not enough sleep.  :sleep

Brian was telling me the same thing lol (he was downing those apple pucker and smirnoff drinks on Saturday lol)

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 16, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
Brian was telling me the same thing lol (he was downing those apple pucker and smirnoff drinks on Saturday lol)

As if Friday wasn't enough.. I went back for more on Saturday. :bang

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 16, 2005 -> 01:08 PM)
Does anyone else just keep looking at the calendar and can't wait until June so we can put some, some, of this attendance stuff to rest? Of course that series against the Drays ought to be scary during 4th of July week.

Not happening. In fact, June would make it much worse. It'll show that even with the better weather, we won't sell out. Only games we'll sell out are Cubs, Yanks, Red Sox and Twins, and playoffs(if we get there). That's not alot at all. And I'm not even sure about the Red Sox series being sold out(probably close). That's pretty poor.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 16, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
Not happening. In fact, June would make it much worse. It'll show that even with the better weather, we won't sell out. Only games we'll sell out are Cubs, Yanks, Red Sox and Twins, and playoffs(if we get there). That's not alot at all. And I'm not even sure about the Red Sox series being sold out(probably close). That's pretty poor.

How many sell outs would be good enough for you...?

QUOTE(Steff @ May 16, 2005 -> 05:10 PM)
I find it sad that some of you here are more interested in attendance that what the team is doing.  :headshake

:notworthy I agree, 100% :notworthy

Let the White Sox organization worry about the numbers and the finances and such. All of this stuff is peripheral (media, attendance, the CUBS, etc)...at least to me. Enjoy the team and their success, it'll make things a lot more fun for the time being. :D

QUOTE(Fotop @ May 16, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
:notworthy I agree, 100% :notworthy

Let the White Sox organization worry about the numbers and the finances and such. All of this stuff is peripheral (media, attendance, the CUBS, etc)...at least to me. Enjoy the team and their success, it'll make things a lot more fun for the time being.  :D

:cheers

I can only speak for myself, but I'm definitely most concerned about how the team does on the field. At the same time, ANY of the players will tell you that they love to play in front of a full house and play their best then. I'm interested in the players playing their best, so it's all related.

When I turn on a game, I hate seeing blue seats, I still watch the whole game though.

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ May 16, 2005 -> 05:45 PM)
I can only speak for myself, but I'm definitely most concerned about how the team does on the field.  At the same time, ANY of the players will tell you that they love to play in front of a full house and play their best then.  I'm interested in the players playing their best, so it's all related. 

When I turn on a game, I hate seeing blue seats, I still watch the whole game though.

I assumed that you and Nuke were facetious in your replies. ;)

QUOTE(Steff @ May 16, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
I assumed that you and Nuke were facetious in your replies.  ;)

Well I was and I wasn't, I don't expect every game to sellout, I do wish we had better attendance though. Most of all I hope we continue to win 3 out of every 4 games!