Sox vs Rangers

soxman35

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ May 16, 2005 -> 12:50 AM)
:gosox1:

This series looks like a good chance to get back on track before part 1 of the crosstown series. If El Duque gets the win tommorrow, I'm thinking it'll be a sweep.

I hope you're right. We need the Duke to come up big tomorrow and more importantly, we need to offense to pick it up.

The Sox are facing Park, Astacio, and Drese in this series. All have horrible ERA. We need some offense in this series, plain and simple. C'mon boys, rattle off 5 or 6 in a row and let every damn Sox fan out there just go absolutely crazy with excitement. :gosox1:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

The stretch of solid offensive opponents for the White Sox continues Monday night, as Baltimore exits and the powerful Texas Rangers visit Chicago. Buck Showalter's squad stands one home run off the Major League lead at 52.

UH-OH. A homerun hitting team at the Cell is scaring me a bit.

Player to watch

Jermaine Dye needs a little boost, as he continues to fight his way out of early season offensive doldrums that have him hovering at .200. Park might be the solution to that problem. Dye has four hits in 15 at-bats lifetime against the Texas right-hander, but all four cleared the fences, and he has driven in eight against against him.

Wow, Dead absolutely destroys Chan Ho Park. :o

Quick hits

Carl Everett and Dye hit back-to-back home runs in the seventh inning on Sunday, marking the third time the White Sox hit consecutive homers this season. ... Aaron Rowand has hit in nine straight games, going 11-for-34 (.324), and has hit in 12 of his last 13 games. ... Podsednik reached base nine times during the four-game set against Baltimore, going 8-for-14 at the plate. He has nine stolen bases in his last 12 games. ... The White Sox are 10-2-1 in 13 series this season. ... The White Sox and Orioles drew 128,560 for the four-game series ... The White Sox are 10-4 during May. ... They are 6-4 against the American League East, 11-4 during day games, 13-5 at home, 8-5 vs. left-handed starters and 2-2 on the current seven-game homestand. They stand 9-3 against opponents with current winning records.

Aaron is starting to get hot and Pods is tearing it up. :headbang

Edited by Jabroni

The Sox are facing Park, Astacio, and Drese in this series. All have horrible ERA. We need some offense in this series, plain and simple. C'mon boys, rattle off 5 or 6 in a row and let every damn Sox fan out there just go absolutely crazy with excitement.  :gosox1:

Yep, the best thing is that we are facing the Rangers' 3 worst starters. We don't have to see Kenny Rogers or Chris Young.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 16, 2005 -> 07:27 AM)
I think Konerko will wake up when Frank is back in the lineup.

The last week or two he'll have a game where it looks like he is breaking out and then a few games or so where he is 0-fer again. He's got to get it together soon.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 16, 2005 -> 06:52 AM)
I think Aaron is starting to feel comfortable in the 3 hole. If only Konerko and Dye could wake up........

As many of us said, Aaron has the tools to be a solid #3 hitter. I would like to see them slide Frank to #4 when he gets back even.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 16, 2005 -> 08:51 AM)
As many of us said, Aaron has the tools to be a solid #3 hitter.  I would like to see them slide Frank to #4 when he gets back even.

I don't think they'll start with him hitting cleanup. He hasn't faced major league pitching in about a year.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 16, 2005 -> 07:51 AM)
As many of us said, Aaron has the tools to be a solid #3 hitter.  I would like to see them slide Frank to #4 when he gets back even.

That is a great idea. This lineup should be able to score runs. And Everett is not that much worst than DEAD in RF. Dead of old maybe, this years DEAD no way.

Rowand will see a ton of fastballs with Thomas behind him. Everett and Thomas should be able to get some RBI's with Arow and crew up ahead.

Pods LF

Gooch 2b

Rowand CF

Thomas DH

Everett RF

Kong 1B

Pierz C

Crede 3B

Uribe SS

This and sending Cotts down are the priorities to keep this thing going.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 16, 2005 -> 08:01 AM)
This and sending Cotts down are the priorities to keep this thing going.

Some of the posters odd and creepy obsessions really intrigue me...

:banghead :headshake :rolly :puke

Ok that about sums up my opinion of that

I really don't get how Cotts is the 'downfall' of this team or how his promotion or demotion a 'priority'. He's the last guy in our bullpen how is his anything important? I'll never understand...but i digress