Sox vs Rangers

soxman35

It's inexcuseable under any circumstances that albert pujols hits two balls on the ground in one game no matter what the count or pitch was.

On a 2-0 count, Willie should be taking at least 2 pitches when we need baserunners. How can you possibly defend that?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(gettysburg32 @ May 17, 2005 -> 02:24 AM)
I'm not a guys who constantly dogs guys, and I'm not saying cut/bench/AAA/f*** Willie.  But, it is inexcuseable under any circumstances except a SAC fly that Willie should pull two high flyballs to RF in the same game, no matter what the count or what pitch it was.  No one can dispute that in any way.

:lol: :lol: :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

Omg, this is so precious....

:stick

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 16, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
On a 2-0 count, Willie should be taking at least 2 pitches when we need baserunners.  How can you possibly defend that?

I am not defending it as much as i think it is bulls*** that people rip on him no matter what. If that was most other players on the sox would it be this big of deal? Would it really? Say if rowand did it? Or podsednik? He thought it was a good pitch ( which it was) therefore he swung.

I am not defending it as much as i think it is bulls*** that people rip on him no matter what. If that was most other players on the sox would it be this big of deal? Would it really? Say if rowand did it? Or podsednik? He thought it was a good pitch ( which it was) therefore he swung.

I would have ripped on anyone who swung on a 2-0 count when we need baserunners. It's stupid. It just happened to be Willie, which is no surprise.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 17, 2005 -> 02:31 AM)
I would have ripped on anyone who swung on a 2-0 count when we need baserunners.  It's stupid.  It just happened to be Willie, which is no surprise.

There is no chance in hell you would rip on O :wub: z :wub: u :wub: n :wub: a, even if he swung like Sosa on fb 5 ft over his head. Bull. s***.

Good pitch, you swing.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 16, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
It's inexcuseable under any circumstances that albert pujols hits two balls on the ground in one game no matter what the count or pitch was.

Look, I fully understand baseball is a very difficult game, which is why I attempt to refrain from going overboard with the "fire, bench, cut, etc." type junk, and I understand it's much easier to say "do whatever" vs. actually doing it. You're technically right in calling me on my hyperbole. However, Willie pulling the ball high in the air is highly aggrivating.

PS - if I wanted to get in a pissing match, I'd do something childish like this...

"You're comparing Willie f***ing scrub-ass Harris to the best hitter in baseball today. Not to mention just "hitting the ball on the f***ing ground" is a helluva a lot more f***ing broad then "pulling high flys balls to rightfield," so even that part of your argument doesn't pertain to what I'm attempting to say. And if, blah, blah, blah"

Oh well, I got tired, which is all the more reason I hate pissing matches.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 17, 2005 -> 02:30 AM)
:lol:  :lol:  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting

Omg, this is so precious....

:stick

It's funny...

Harris is an 'all-or-nothing' player, yet didn't he have a .360 OBP or close to that against right handers last year?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 17, 2005 -> 02:36 AM)
Wrong.  I even wanted to see Dead pinch-hitting over Ozuna in the last inning.

Uh huh. Didn't Ozuna hustle enuf for you? B/c if I don't get another 'Pablo hustles' thread, how will I form my opinions?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 16, 2005 -> 09:34 PM)
Yeah, cuz a 2-0 count is so similar to a 0-2 count.  GMAFB. :rolly

He had a mother f***ing perfect pitch down the godamn middle. Sure he f***ed it up and flew out. It's the end of the world !1!1!1! We were down one maybe two runs at the time with three or four innings left. You are acting like we were down five with two innings left. I don't recall park being extremely erratic that inning either so i don't understand.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 17, 2005 -> 02:39 AM)
Uh huh.  Didn't Ozuna hustle enuf for you?  B/c if I don't get another 'Pablo hustles' thread, how will I form my opinions?

I almost spit my cereal on the screen that morning.

That's classic -- a thread titled "Ozuna's Hustle"... :lolhitting

QUOTE(fathom @ May 17, 2005 -> 02:43 AM)
Jabroni was definitely saying that Dye should have batted instead of Ozuna.

That's a far cry from saying that Ozuna does anything wrong -- something I have never seen.

Sorry, the Harris bashing here is ridiculous. People see what they want, even in the past. Lee was a terrible player b/c he got picked off a couple times. Podsednik does it -- how many times in one series? -- 'Thank goodness we finally have an aggressive player.' It works both ways.