Is it just me..

tonyho7476

I get so angry every time they lose. Its ridiculous. My girlfriend gets upset because I get so angry and crabby. Don't worry, I don't beat her or anything. I guess I need to start remembering this is just a game and not life or death.

How do others cope?

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 16, 2005 -> 08:39 AM)
I get so angry every time they lose.  Its ridiculous.  My girlfriend gets upset because I get so angry and crabby.  Don't worry, I don't beat her or anything.  I guess I need to start remembering this is just a game and not life or death.

How do others cope?

Usually I'm upset for a few minutes after the game...I rant and rave, often silently if i'm not by anyone who would care, and then move on with my life.

The Sox are VERY IMPORTANT to me, but I guess I have a life beyond sporting events...People have tried to peg the 'your just crabby b/c the sox lost' on me but I honestly dont think I let it affect my overall psyche past the initial reaction.

Now come time for the pennant race and playoffs, HAAAAA all this bs is out the window :D

I cope by looking at the record and seeing we still have a .710 winning percentage.....i remember last years opener I punched a hole in the wall after that 9th inning loss, and thought to myself wow Its the first game of the season I should really seek some help..... :D

Edited by DABearSoX

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ May 16, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)
days after wins I read everything I can about the Sox and the game the night before, days after losses I look at the boxscore, and try not to think about the Sox until the next game starts.

Yeah, a lot of times I won't read the paper a day after a loss.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 16, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)
I get so angry every time they lose.  Its ridiculous.  My girlfriend gets upset because I get so angry and crabby.  Don't worry, I don't beat her or anything.  I guess I need to start remembering this is just a game and not life or death.

How do others cope?

My wife has learned that after a loss just to leave me alone for about a half hour. During the Billy botch days she would leave the room whenever he came into the game as chances were that I was going to start yelling at the TV in frustration.

QUOTE(Sirotka33 @ May 16, 2005 -> 11:21 AM)
My wife has learned that after a loss just to leave me alone for about a half hour. During the Billy botch days she would leave the room whenever he came into the game as chances were that I was going to start yelling at the TV in frustration.

That's how Jim deals with me.. :lol:

Losses make my more angry this year for some reason. I guess I'm starting to expect a win. When they have lost this year, it has been close. Often, I can remember one key decision (leaving Freddie in 7th vs O's) and it pisses me off. It shouldn't but it does. I think the more I'm into the games, the worse the losses are. Wins are sweeter though.

My wife normally will leave me alone and brace of a tirade of cursing and swearing... what can I say... "I live for this" I have also went through a number of universal remotes from the past couple season.... :bang

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 16, 2005 -> 12:43 PM)
Well every loss I put into the loss catagory, and every win I put into the 42 list.. so The way I figure it..

we have about 50 more games of losing before the seasons end.

Exactly! We are going to lose quite a few times before the season's end. There is no reason for people to get so damn angry over each one.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 16, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
Exactly!  We are going to lose quite a few times before the season's end.  There is no reason for people to get so damn angry over each one.

I didn't say my anger was justified...just how it is.

I don't read the paper or listen to the radio. I will only listen to the XM music or comedy channels until the next game.

It also depends on how they lose. If its a close well played game it doesn't bother me as much. But errors, poor pitching or poor baserunning drive me nuts.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE(ptatc @ May 16, 2005 -> 01:32 PM)
I don't read the paper or listen to the radio. I will only listen to the XM music or comedy channels until the next game.

It also depends on how they lose. If its a close well played game it doesn't bother me as much. But errors, poor pitching or poor baserunning drive me nuts.

Really hmm, losses don't bother me at all. I just carry on like it was the offseason. I must say I don't seem to be a volitale type.... A happy face all around.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ May 16, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)
I have to warn everyone every year that I'm no cup of tea after a White Sox loss.

Brian has finally figured out that if the Sox lose, just stay away for about a half hour and then I am fine. He is the same way when Ricky is knocked out of a race or the Mariners lose (not so much the Royals as he has come to expect them to lose lol).

Guest JimH
Really hmm, losses don't bother me at all. I just carry on like it was the offseason. I must say I don't seem to be a volitale type.... A happy face all around.

"If people can't understand it's sarcasm without the green, they don't belong on this board."

Quote, 3:20 pm, Monday