• May 30-June 1 vs. LAAoA
    • June 3-5 vs. Cleveland
    • June 6-8 @ Colorado
    • June 10-12 @ San Diego
    • June 13-15 vs. Arizona
    • June 17-19 vs. LAD
    • Sometime later
    • Never

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ May 16, 2005 -> 12:14 PM)
My vote is for the home series against Arizona, June 13th.

If he's healthy, it will be sooner than that. They can olny leave him on a rehab assignment for 20 games, tops.

I also think June 13th vs Arizona. Frank is definitely going to wait until he is at home. He loves the homecrowd and i am almost possitive he will get a standing ovation when he is called to the plate for the first time.

I like Franks attitude during his time off. He says "don't interview me in the clubhouse, they have great chemistry and I don't want to mess it up, im not part of the team yet." He also said "whenever Ozzie puts me in there i'll be happy." "I expect to get days off and if Ozzie wants to use me as a pinch-hitter im all for that"

It sounds like Frank knows he is at the end of his career and he desprately wants to win a title- even if he doesn't play every day.

Imagine the look of the opposing pitchers face when Frank comes in to pinch-hit in the 9th? This is going to be awesome!

I think it will be two weeks from today vs. the LAAoA. It will give him two full home series to get in the groove and test out the ankle and then two intraleague away series where he will probably only be a pinch hitter to rest the ankle. Makes the most sense to me, although I bet he's itching to get into a game at Coors Lite to see how far he can hit it.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 16, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
Can't come soon enough. I already told myself I would buy tickets for the game he comes back. I can't wait to see Hurt back.

I agree but at the same time I dont want him to rush back into the lineup only to re-injure his ankle. That wouldn't do us any good.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 16, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
After interleague. He already said he's not going to play the field this year. Makes no sense for him to rush back for early June when most of the games are going to be interleague.

Or if he's ready, and ONLY if he's ready, he could be a mighty nice pinch-hitting option during Interleague. Let him get his eye back a little bit with no pressure of potentially running the bases 3 or 4 times.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 16, 2005 -> 11:45 AM)
If he's healthy, it will be sooner than that.  They can olny leave him on a rehab assignment for 20 games, tops.

I heard them saying on AM1000 that the Sox could extend that if he's not ready yet. I have no knowledge of how the minor-league rehab stint works, but that's what they were saying on the radio.

:o :o :o :o

The Trib has a Frank Thomas watch!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o :o :o :o

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

Frank Thomas watch

May 16, 2005

Frank Thomas makes his 2005 debut Tuesday night, as well as his Triple-A debut, for Charlotte when the Knights visit Ottawa for a four-game series.

Thomas, 36, has been out since July 6 with a stress fracture of the navicular bone in his left ankle. Thomas could face former Sox teammate James Baldwin, who is 3-2 in eight starts for the Lynx. Ottawa is the Orioles' Triple-A team.

Edited by greasywheels121

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 16, 2005 -> 06:13 PM)
Can't come soon enough. I already told myself I would buy tickets for the game he comes back. I can't wait to see Hurt back.

Ditto.

Frank is getting the loudest ovation ever from me personally the day he comes back. What a boost he'll be to our lineup...