Garland

BrandoFan

Nardi screwed Kip up. kip never hit 95 with the Sox and here comes the pirates pitching coaches fixes a little mecanical problem in Kip and Kip consistently hits 95-97 MPH on the Fastball

The funniest part was when Kip reached 98mph on a 2-2 pitch, it was the first game in Pirates uniform that I saw...needless to say I fell out of my chair. Garland will never throw that hard because you need insane arm speed to get to that kind of velocity and John's renowned "smooth" delivery ensures that he will never throw faster 92-93 unless Cooper starts tweaking something big time.

I don't remember who suggested he's a pot head -- but whoever did, what basis do you have for making that statement? Any? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

With all due respect, it was a question not a statement...motherf***er.

People with morals and principles don't fraternize with criminals.

They're too busy bombing abortion clinics, duh.

Someone please call Voodoos Doctor and get his medication quantities increased. Thank you.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has the same attitude as Kipper. He's a PUSSY!

OT: Last time I checked Kip has become a very good #2-3 pitcher and a co-ace of the Pirates. If you saw him reach 97 mph during one 12-pitch battle in the 7th inning (against Cubbie hitter I think) I would definately not call him a pussy. He was one, he is not anymore.

I'll agree with that. He was the biggest sissy you could put on the mound when he was here though.

kip wasnt a pussy...he was nardified...throw our off speed stuff kip...pitch the corners until its a 3-0 count...no dont challenge a guy try and trick him...nardi screwed him and in the process the white sox too

pot head?

Everyone in pro sports is a pot head...

Shut the f*** up.

What a moronic comment.

I was joking...

You need to lighten up...

Normally you denote "jokes" with a smiley (maybe a ;) or a :lol:). Or, if you're trying to be sarcastic, you use green.

Since you did none of the above and I believe you were being serious, I will stick with my original response.

i disagree with that completly 95% of my friends have been arrested, and i still have no record what so ever. it is not who you know, its what you do that counts.

People with morals and principles don't fraternize with criminals.

That's not true. Everyone has at least 1 friend from childhood or a family member who is a severe f*** up. :P

Remember the guy who tossed a perfect game while on acid?

For the record it was a no-hitter by Doc Ellis and not a perfect game.

Jon Garland has two modes:

Paint Mode: Picking, gnawing, clawing, and groping for the plate. Usually results in a few walks.

Challenge Mode: After a visit from a pitching coach, fastballs and breaking balls but everything over the heart of the plate.

Everyone has at least 1 friend from childhood or a family member who is a severe f*** up. :P

Spending time with family members is a bit different, as you cannot choose who is your family.

Friends, on the other hand, are hand-chosen, and IMO anyone with morals would not hang out with a known criminal (particularly someone who does drugs -- there's nothing more self-destructive).

Everyone has at least 1 friend from childhood or a family member who is a severe f*** up. :P

Spending time with family members is a bit different, as you cannot choose who is your family.

Friends, on the other hand, are hand-chosen, and IMO anyone with morals would not hang out with a known criminal (particularly someone who does drugs -- there's nothing more self-destructive).

hey now. some drugs are pretty cool if unless you get addicted. ;) And i am a convicted felon .I have a battery charge on my from when i was younger and 2 under age drinking charges. Does that make me a bad person? Quite a few people on this board hang out with me. Just because i have smoked pot and tried other drugs means they have no morals. I go to work every day I spent 1 night in jail in my life. Am i a scumbag to you?

And no i'm not a pot head. I get random drug tests at work . no can do even if i wanted to.

hey now. some drugs are pretty cool if unless you get addicted. ;)  And i am a convicted felon .I have a battery charge on my from when i was younger and 2 under age drinking charges. Does that make me a bad person? Quite a few people on this board hang out with me. Just because i have smoked pot and tried other drugs means they have no morals. I go to work every day I spent 1 night in jail in my life. Am i a scumbag to you?

And no i'm not a pot head. I get random drug tests at work . no can do even if i wanted to.

Killing your brain cells is cool?

I'm not going to speak about you personally, since I don't know you, and there are obviously exceptions to every rule.

pot head?

Everyone in pro sports is a pot head...

Shut the f*** up.

What a moronic comment.

i would say its probally 50-50 on the pot and pro sports.

And when you factor in how many of today's athletes beat their wives, drive drunk, murder, and hang out with gangs, it's no wonder why there are very few athletes that kids can actually look to as a positive role model. It's a shame that so many choose to ruin their lives. So much talent, and such little common sense...sad.

Surprise, surprise on these comments...

If kids are using sports figures as their role models.. there's some sad parenting going on.

hey now. some drugs are pretty cool if unless you get addicted. ;)  And i am a convicted felon .I have a battery charge on my from when i was younger and 2 under age drinking charges. Does that make me a bad person? Quite a few people on this board hang out with me. Just because i have smoked pot and tried other drugs means they have no morals. I go to work every day I spent 1 night in jail in my life. Am i a scumbag to you?

I'm not going to speak about you personally, since I don't know you, and there are obviously exceptions to every rule.

Beer is actually worse for you then pot. weed is harmless unless you have to be high every day and hour.

If kids are counting on sports figures as their role models.. there's some sad parenting going on.

Well, obviously a kid's parents/family should be the main role models in their lives.

But growing up, a couple people that I looked up to were Bo Jackson and Frank Thomas, and I feel that I am a better person today than I would have been if it hadn't been for them.

But today, there seem to be very few "good guys" left in sports.

If kids are counting on sports figures as their role models.. there's some sad parenting going on.

Well, obviously a kid's parents/family should be the main role models in their lives.

But growing up, a couple people that I looked up to were Bo Jackson and Frank Thomas, and I feel that I am a better person today than I would have been if it hadn't been for them.

But today, there seem to be very few "good guys" left in sports.

And they had a direct impact on your life how..? How did anything they did effect the person you are today..?

Beer is actually worse for you then pot. weed is harmless unless you have to be high every day and hour.

Something that alters your state of mind with chemicals is not harmless.

"Weed is harmless" is one of the biggest misconceptions in the US today, and some kids are ruining their lives as a result of believing that lie.

"Weed is harmless" is one of the biggest misconceptions in the US today, and some kids are ruining their lives as a result of believing that lie.

Please dont tell me you take those comercials seriously that big brother puts on tv! lol!

Please dont tell me you take those comercials seriously that big brother puts on tv! lol!

But they aren't the truth..? :huh:

Ooh, I hate potheads. Theyre always out of it. I cant stand that. I like hard, toughass people. People who you step up in their face and yell at and then they jump right back at ya. Just like me. You grill a freakin pothead and he aint gonna do jacks***. But then again, I wanna be in the Navy or maybe the Marines, so thats just me...

I don't think I've ever seen those commercials. And Big Brother sucks.

It doesn't take a commercial for someone to know that pot is bad for you.

pot is harmless huh? So it doesnt cause people to underperform, and in most cases, be a useless piece of s*** for life? Obviously you dont know too many potheads.