• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 22, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
It's funny the things I keep hearing about Scheyer. Only a shooter, JJ Redick, overrated. You guys have no idea what you are talking about.

Agreed :headbang

You know they see white guy who can hit a three...and they label him a 'shooter' nothing else...

Well if thats the case how come Scheyer lived at the line last season...he can get to the basket at will and finish...hes a pretty complete player. I've only seen him play 4 times...im sure danman has seen him a bunch more. Its just funny reading the posts on here...sour grapes :crying

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 22, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
That's how I honestly felt about him. He's a good player(JJ Reddick isn't a bad player at all) but there's better out there. I don't see anyone ranking Scheyer ranked #1 in his class/position or anything like that. There's better out there, but he is a blue-chipper at what he does.

The thing about the JJ Redick comparison, while being a compliment no doubt, is that it's not true. Scheyer is a more all around player than Redick, but not as consistent of a shooter (who is?). The best part about Scheyer's game is his 'floor game'. He has unbelievable basketball smarts and court vision. He is a solid passer who knows what to do with the ball. He can have a bad shooting day and still have a major effect on the game other than the fact that he will probably draw a bunch of fouls and hit almost all the free throws.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ May 23, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
I don't like Scheyers game at all. To me he's well overrated. Other than shooting, he doesn't do a thing above average on the HS level, which will translate into very poor on the College floor.

That's what I've heard.

Danman- does he go to your HS?

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 23, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
I've never seen him play, and I'm not an Illini fan. I've only heard from my friend that has played against him in AAU, not the state tourney, that he wasn't as good as advertised. Time will tell though.

What AAU team does your friend play on?

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 23, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
That's what I've heard.

Danman- does he go to your HS?

Yes. I've seen him play tons of times. I've been to about 25 games each of the past 2 years and went to maybe a dozen games his freshman year.

I'm not going to lie, Scheyer showed Conant his flashes of brilliance. Some of his layups were sick, i mean he had some crazy hang time. However, i do think he cracked a little under the pressure of the game. With Weber's mom in the hospital and our wonderful fanbase all of him :P he showed some signs of weakness.

QUOTE(Nokona @ May 23, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
I'm not going to lie, Scheyer showed Conant his flashes of brilliance.  Some of his layups were sick, i mean he had some crazy hang time.  However, i do think he cracked a little under the pressure of the game.  With Weber's mom in the hospital and our wonderful fanbase all of him :P he showed some signs of weakness.

Fred Taylor was a monster inside. He changed the entire game with his D. Granted GBN played their best ball at state, but the Conant game was by far the toughest test the entire playoffs.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 23, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
A team based out of Gary. I'm not sure what their name is because they have a sponsor and a team name, so I'm not sure exactly what theyre called.

Oh ok...thats cool..and they beat the Illinois Wolves...thats a really nice win for a smaller AAU team

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
Oh ok...thats cool..and they beat the Illinois Wolves...thats a really nice win for a smaller AAU team

Yeah I guess they are really good. My friend doesn't really brag a lot, he's got his head on straight and is embarrased to tell me when he gets offered full rides as a sophmore. (Valpo, Evansville, Northwestern, NC State, Iowa, Purdue, and some more that I can't remember have offered him scholarships already) I guess they won/got second the big tourney down in Houston last month and beat the #1 ranked team in the nation.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ May 25, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
Thats impressive no matter if Oden is there or not. I'm sure I would know the team when I heard it. I can't find any possiblities right now though.

It sounds like your talking about F.Y.I. out of Gary. Is your freind the 6'6 soph. from Valpo? Anyway F.Y.I. is ranked #8 last I checked, while Speice was #2. Illinois Warriors with Collins & Schyere (spelling? LOL) was #16.

Indy Spiece is the best AAU team in the land until Oden leaves. For the past few years it has been the Atlanta Celtics, but now Indy has become the dominating team. Although they will get a great run for the money this weekend at the TOC.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
why do we keep talking about sheyer, after eliminating conant from the playoffs i hate him, i hope he fails at duke miserably

Thanks for your input...Now if you actually look at the thread we havent been talking about Scheyer :banghead

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ May 26, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
It sounds like your talking about F.Y.I. out of Gary.  Is your freind the 6'6 soph. from Valpo? Anyway F.Y.I. is ranked #8 last I checked, while Speice was #2. Illinois Warriors with Collins & Schyere (spelling? LOL) was #16.

Yeah, they're the FYI players. And yeah, Rob Hummel is his name. They played the Illinois Wolves (he said it was Wolves, but is it Warriors?) in Houston and beat up on them pretty good. I guess Sheyer only had about 8 points that game. Damn, I never would have known that they were the 8th best team in the nation, you would never know it talking to him, he's so modest. Another one of my friends is on that team, another 6'6 soph too. He's hurt with an ankle injury now so he isn't playing for a little bit.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 26, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
Yeah, they're the FYI players. And yeah, Rob Hummel is his name. They played the Illinois Wolves (he said it was Wolves, but is it Warriors?) in Houston and beat up on them pretty good. I guess Sheyer only had about 8 points that game.

There are two different teams. Illinois Wolves and Illinois Warriors. Scheyer is on the Warriors.