Danny Wright

clujer420

That late in the season?  Did he clear waivers?  It was after the trade deadline.  This still makes no logcal sense to me.

you can trade after the deadline if the guy clears waivers..

what was wrong with ritchie other than the fact that he sucked??..he never lost velocity or complained about being hurt unitl he went on the DL...every pitcher who approaches briam kingman"dom" goes on the DL...when ritchie went on he was still on pace for 21 loses

I asked if he cleared waivers. You are right, that he didn't mention any problems until he went on the DL. But, he wouldn't be the first pitcher to not talk about a sore elbow or shoulder until it shut him down. And considering he had never sucked so much in his career, a sore arm could very well have been a major contributing factor.

I wish the NBA had as strong a union as MLB (they have possibly the strongest union in America). People are put on the IR all the time in the NBA when they're perfectly healthy. I think that's BS.

Why do you think the MLB has had all of the labor strife and problems that it has had? Next to hockey is the worst managed of the professional sports. The NBA has almost ideal labor conditions and it shows. They don't have nearly the problem with failing franchises, they have a drug policy, and none of the animosity that exsists between owners and players, that prevents anything from getting done easily.