Sox vs Rangers 5/17 - Game Thread

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ May 17, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
Did anyone here think they'd EVER honestly be able to say that before this season?

There isin't a soul on this earth that predicted Garland would still be unbeaten this far into the season.. He is easlily the most pleasant surprise in all of baseball so far.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ May 17, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
7-2 Toronto leading over Minnesota, Mr. Johan Santana having his 2nd consecutive sub par outing.  For what it's worth.

What it's worth is a game in the standings! :headbang

Some interesting reading from the Tribune regarding Garland pitching out of that 6th (?) inning jam:

Not only did the catcher smack a sixth-inning home run—his third in three games and fourth in the last five—but he came out for a little salty heart-to-heart when Garland had runners on second and third and a run in with no outs in the sixth, clinging to a 3-2 lead.

"I got lazy," Garland said. "A.J. came out, and I can't really say exactly what he said, but he told me I was lazy and my arm was dragging through the zone."

End of sermon. End of inning, because Garland got three outs without another run scoring, striking out Hank Blalock and Alfonso Soriano and getting Monday's hero Kevin Mench to fly out.

f***in' AJ Rocks!

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 18, 2005 -> 12:52 AM)
Some interesting reading from the Tribune regarding Garland pitching out of that 6th (?) inning jam:

f***in' AJ Rocks!

I was just going to post that very thing after reading it in the Trib.

Seriously is there any argueing that AJ was THE biggest pick up in the offseason?

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 18, 2005 -> 09:39 AM)
How bout we just split the difference and say that all 3 were kickass pickups by KW.

:)

Exactly. Nice problem to have.. trying to decide who was the best pick-up. :headbang

To me Hermanson and Iguchi make the team better by their play.

AJ makes the entire pitching staff better, in addition to making the Catcher position better. Look no further than Contreras and Garland as examples of that.

But I do agree, all 3 were awesome pick ups.