SRO

AddisonStSox

Anyone thinking about "making the pilgrimage to the Promised Land" and buying a SRO ticket for the Cross Town Series?

If we have some nice weather, I think I'll be in attendance for at least 2 of the 3 ballgames. Call me old fashion, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with going to an opposing ballpark and talking some smack--we have the best team in baseball and I don't plan on letting my "fellow Chicagoans" forget that.

...perhaps I'm still young and vigorous enough to enjoy these shenanigans. :ph34r: :P

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 17, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)
Anyone thinking about "making the pilgrimage to the Promised Land" and buying a SRO ticket for the Cross Town Series?

If we have some nice weather, I think I'll be in attendance for at least 2 of the 3 ballgames.  Call me old fashion, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with going to an opposing ballpark and talking some smack--we have the best team in baseball and I don't plan on letting my "fellow Chicagoans" forget that.

...perhaps I'm still young and vigorous enough to enjoy these shenanigans. :ph34r:  :P

Be sure to piss on the old rusty b**** for me!

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2005 -> 08:44 AM)
Nope.  Never been there, probably never will.

Hrumph.

:lol:

I would have expected different from you big guy. It's still one of the most unique baseball atmospheres in all of baseball. Don't get me wrong, that "unique" atmosphere also consists of drunken idiots, herds of yuppie peons, pissing in troughs, etc. but it really is like stepping back into a time machine for some baseball.

I hope you aren't the guy that won't go there simply because the Cuddly Ones call it home.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 17, 2005 -> 09:47 AM)
Hrumph. 

I would have expected different from you big guy.  It's still one of the most unique baseball atmospheres in all of baseball.  Don't get me wrong, that "unique" atmosphere also consists of drunken idiots, herds of yuppie peons, pissing in troughs, etc. but it really is like stepping back into a time machine for some baseball.

I hope you aren't the guy that won't go there simply because the Cuddly Ones call it home.

Don't forget the "Round-Up" to baptize the ivy with. :D

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 17, 2005 -> 09:47 AM)
Hrumph. 

I would have expected different from you big guy.  It's still one of the most unique baseball atmospheres in all of baseball.  Don't get me wrong, that "unique" atmosphere also consists of drunken idiots, herds of yuppie peons, pissing in troughs, etc. but it really is like stepping back into a time machine for some baseball.

Until I have hit the other 29 ballparks I have no reason to go. I am about 1/3 of the way there.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 17, 2005 -> 08:41 AM)

If we have some nice weather, I think I'll be in attendance for at least 2 of the 3 ballgames.  Call me old fashion, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with going to an opposing ballpark and talking some smack--we have the best team in baseball and I don't plan on letting my "fellow Chicagoans" forget that.

...perhaps I'm still young and vigorous enough to enjoy these shenanigans. :ph34r:  :P

I'll be there Friday and maybe Saturday. I have no problem going to Sox road games anywhere else, so why should I there. I enjoy baseball games in any park and still can appreciate what Wrigley stands for. Of course, it has it's major flaws.

I hope Zambrano pitches Friday, because I don't want any excuses. Besides, he'll probably be on a tight pitch count so we'll get to their pathetic bullpen early.

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE(shakes @ May 17, 2005 -> 09:35 AM)
I'll be there Friday and maybe Saturday. I have no problem going to Sox road games anywhere else, so why should I there. I enjoy baseball games in any park and still can appreciate what Wrigley stands for. Of course, it has it's major flaws.

I hope Zambrano pitches Friday, because I don't want any excuses. Besides, he'll probably be on a tight pitch count so we'll get to their pathetic bullpen early.

:gosoxretro:

I'm going to all three. I don't care if its a dump. I'm going to support my team.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 17, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)

I am going saturday, I may have an extra ticket.

QUOTE(quickman @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
is steff still taking you on field trips?

Just Milwaukee...

I've got SkyDome, Tiger Stadium, Comerica Park, Minute Maid Park, Astrodome, Arlington Stadium (new and old), Comiskey Park, US Cellular Field, Jacobs Field, and Cincy's new field done so far.

Guest JimH
Just Milwaukee...

I've got SkyDome, Tiger Stadium, Comerica Park, Minute Maid Park, Astrodome, Arlington Stadium (new and old), Comiskey Park, US Cellular Field, Jacobs Field, and Cincy's new field done so far.

Interesting, for me it's been old Comiskey and U.S. Cellular, Wrigley, County Stadium and Miller Park, Anaheim, Dodger Stadium, Pac Bell, Bank One Ballpark in Phoenix, Arlington new, Busch Stadium, HHH Dome, SkyDome, Olympic Stadium in Montreal, Fenway, Tiger Stadium, Comerica, Jacobs Field, Royals Stadium, Riverfront in Cincinnati, Camden, Memorial Stadium in Baltimore, Astrodome, Atlanta new.

In the near future, next 2-3 years, want to get to Pittsburgh, RFK in Washington, and Philly. It's a blast getting to other cities and seeing the ballparks.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 17, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
Interesting, for me it's been old Comiskey and U.S. Cellular, Wrigley, County Stadium and Miller Park, Anaheim, Dodger Stadium, Pac Bell, Bank One Ballpark in Phoenix, Arlington new, Busch Stadium, HHH Dome, SkyDome, Olympic Stadium in Montreal, Fenway, Tiger Stadium, Comerica, Jacobs Field, Royals Stadium, Riverfront in Cincinnati, Camden, Memorial Stadium in Baltimore, Astrodome, Atlanta new.

In the near future, next 2-3 years, want to get to Pittsburgh, RFK in Washington, and Philly.  It's a blast getting to other cities and seeing the ballparks.

I forgot Busch Stadium in my list... We were supposed to hit Camden this summer along with either Pittsburgh or Philly, but well things have changed.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:14 PM)

In the near future, next 2-3 years, want to get to Pittsburgh, RFK in Washington, and Philly.  It's a blast getting to other cities and seeing the ballparks.

For me it's Both Comiskey's, Wrigley, County Stadium, Miller Park, Petco, Kingdome, Bank One, Old Met Stadium in Minny, Kaufman Stadium, Busch, Sky Dome, Tiger Stadium (not Comerica though), Olympic Stadium, Fenway, Riverfront, Camden, Astrodome, Fulton County, Tropicana, Minute Maid, Yankee Stadium, Oakland Coliseum, Coors Field

Three Rivers for a Steelers game but not Pirates.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2005 -> 09:44 AM)
Nope.  Never been there, probably never will.

Last time I was there I saw Bobby Douglas play quarterback. No green, this is really true.