Brian Anderson

C_LEE45

Really guys he cant do worse than dye or Timo why dont we call him up,and i said this before if we dont get a big bat in here SOON we are f***ED,so if were not going to call Anderson up then trade him for a Big bat like Abreu :P and move rowand to right,cause to be honest carl is a waste too!!!! :gosox3:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH
NO,iam tired of failing at the end!!!!!!!!!!!

Tired of arguing about this, there are legit reasons why this guy is not up in the bigs yet, it's been posted 100 times and yet these threads come up every other day.

Oh well.

What's everyones obsession with trading our young minor leaguers for 5-tool major league All-Stars. Has anyone heard anything at all from any credible source that would leave you to believe that the Phillies are willing to trade Bobby Abreu, no, I didn't think so.

And you're saying that if we're not going to bring up the 23 year old outfielder who now has a total of 137 career AAA atbats and 39 strikeouts right now we should trade him. Let him get some atbats at AAA and cutdown on the strikeouts, and yes he could be worse than Dye and Timo.

Oh ya, do you even know who Bobby Abreu is cause he plays right field so why would you move Rowand to right if you got him. You obviously have no ideo who he is.

Guest JimH
What's everyones obsession with trading our young minor leaguers for 5-tool major league All-Stars. Has anyone heard anything at all from any credible source that would leave you to believe that the Phillies are willing to trade Bobby Abreu, no, I didn't think so.

And you're saying that if we're not going to bring up the 23 year old outfielder who now has a total of 137 career AAA atbats and 39 strikeouts right now we should trade him. Let him get some atbats at AAA and cutdown on the strikeouts, and yes he could be worse than Dye and Timo.

Oh ya, do you even know who Bobby Abreu is cause he plays right field so why would you move Rowand to right if you got him. You obviously have no ideo who he is.

Damn fine post. Knowledge is power :D :bang

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)

i thought Pods played center why is he in right then? CAUSE rowand would be better ,just like Abreu would be better than rowand,AND yes Abreu WILL be traded this year you watch,and ill see you posting the samething after this weekend when we dont score no runs and lose to the sorry f***ing cubs,just because people dont post 1000 times they dont know s*** well maybe GET A LIFE ,and big deal leave Abreu in right but what iam saying this teams need an impact player like him,so when the GREAT DYE AND TIMO go 1-12 this weekend dont cry!!!!!!! :finger

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:26 PM)
Sometimes I just feel like a lot of people on this board just don't know s*** about the Sox and baseball in general.

Sometimes I think you are obsessed with strikeouts and not concerned enough with other aspects of hitting. If we brought Anderson up and he continued to hit over 300, with the same type of power numbers that he is showing at AAA, and kept the same strikeout ratio, would that be an improvement over our current center fielder? I say yes.

Sometimes I think you are obsessed with strikeouts and not concerned enough with other aspects of hitting.  If we brought Anderson up and he continued to hit over 300, with the same type of power numbers that he is showing at AAA, and kept the same strikeout ratio,  would that be an improvement over our current center fielder?  I say yes.

Ross Choad would probably be an improvement over Dead in RF. Dead is hitting like a dog and playing RF like a dog.

QUOTE(C_LEE45 @ May 17, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
i thought Pods played center why is he in right then? CAUSE rowand would be better ,just like Abreu would be better than rowand,AND yes Abreu WILL be traded this year you watch,and ill see you posting the samething after this weekend when we dont score no runs and lose to the sorry f***ing cubs,just because people dont post 1000 times they dont know s*** well maybe  GET A LIFE ,and big deal leave Abreu in right but what iam saying this teams need an impact player like him,so when the GREAT DYE AND TIMO go 1-12 this weekend dont cry!!!!!!! :finger

Pods is in left field not right.

Abreu is a better right fielder than Rowand.

Show me anything that says Abreu will be traded this year other than just in your head.

I still don't think you know who Abreu is.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
Sometimes I think you are obsessed with strikeouts and not concerned enough with other aspects of hitting.  If we brought Anderson up and he continued to hit over 300, with the same type of power numbers that he is showing at AAA, and kept the same strikeout ratio,  would that be an improvement over our current center fielder?  I say yes.

id say he cant do worse than the great dye ,but then again i dont know nothing i havent posted 1000 times,let the dye fans enjoy his 190 ave then cry in august why KW didnt get a hitter!!!!!!!!!1

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)
Ross Choad would probably be an improvement over Dead in RF.  Dead is hitting like a dog and playing RF like a dog.

Ok, so would you say Brian Anderson is potentially a better player than Ross Gload. Also if we could agree that Anderson is a better player than our current RF'er, wouldnt it be beneficial to not only see what he can do, but also raise his trade value if thats what we need to do.

QUOTE(C_LEE45 @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:40 PM)
id say he cant do  worse than the great dye ,but then again i dont know nothing i havent posted 1000 times,let the dye fans enjoy his 190 ave then cry in august why KW didnt get a hitter!!!!!!!!!1

Is school out for the summer? Please dont agree with my posts or quote me, you are hurting my credibility, thanks

I think we should keep the team how it is, and the re-evaluate it come the all star break... If Dye and Carl are still hitting like they are now... and Anderson still hitting at a good clip... than consider it a possibility.

Also if I had to choose I much rather call Anderson up than call B-Mac up like some people want too.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 17, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)

Chances are great that Anderson would not continue to hit over .300 on the Major league level. Just look at that outfield prospect we had in our system last year Jeremy reed who had a .327 career minor league avg. and is now hitting .252 for the Mariners.

Strikeouts show that he is still adjusting to the improved pitching that he is now facing in AAA compared to what he faced in AA.

Guest JimH

They aren't bringing Anderson up unless there's a significant injury.

You guys can beat that drum all you want and wish and want and hope, but it won't happen. Williams and Wilder want him in AAA to get experience, he is there and not here for a reason.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
Pods is in left field not right.

Abreu is a better right fielder than Rowand.

Show me anything that says Abreu will be traded this year other than just in your head.

I still don't think you know who Abreu is.

listen man it will not hurt to bring Anderson up to see what he has to offer,just face it dye and timo SUCK!!!!!