Brian Anderson

C_LEE45

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 18, 2005 -> 06:08 PM)
2002 season. .272/.349/.498. 20 HR's in 117 games. Not exactly the high average, but good numbers nonetheless.

On Anderson, I'll just repost my previous post on him;

The high average and his ability to hit to all fields with power shows me that he is not the same as Joe Borchard, he does not have the looping swing like Joe-and he was pegged with this in single A-despite high strikeout ratio he will not approach the 139k's that borchard had that year and 158 in previous. Their stats are actually not very comparable, Anderson hit .388, .319, .270-with injury and recorded a career high 74 k's last year. His career OBP is .386, while Joe's is apprx .349, never hitting over .300 ba-wise.

I dont think they are comparable players as they are entirely different at the plate as well as in the field. As far as playing Dye, and Timo ahead of Anderson, if he could reproduce these numbers in the bigs, yeah I would play him everyday before them in a heartbeat. Lets hope it doesnt come to this, but in my opinion, Anderson is on deck.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just on the small amount of viewing I have had of Anderson, I would attribute some of his high strikeout numbers to his cockiness. I get the feeling he thinks he can tear the cover off the ball every time up. I don't mean this in a bad way. He takes a very hard cut at the ball and he shows good bat speed. I've seen him miss pitches down in the strike zone, but anything up and he is licking his chops. Hopefully in the maturation process, he will cut down his swing when appropriate. He looks fantastic and except for that big number '41' guy, he looks a very large step above anybody else on the Knights. This does not mean I condone bringing him up tomorrow. But I think he could withstand a reasonable amount of failure without it getting to him. He is very loose in his mannerisms. He is having fun and is quick to ham it up with his teammates. Joe B. looks to be wound tighter than a Swiss timepiece. (This after 2 games up close).