Player's Association in video games

In MVP baseball 2005 Barry Bonds is not called Barry Bonds, because he is the only MLBer not in the Player Association. I was wondering was Micheal Jordan being referred to as "player", in the NBA video games in the late '90's, because of the same reason?

Also does anyone know if there has been any other player's in sports, with the same case?

Charles Barkley wasn't in some of the NBA games in the mid 90's. I remember one early Playstation game that didn't have Jordan, Shaq, or Barkley under their normal names. It kind of sucked. I also noticed that the classic rosters on Madden no longer have accurate numbers or player names because of liscening issues, and it sounds like that might be the case in future college games.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 17, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
Kevin millar and a couple others in mvp.

I'm not sure if Millar fits this, but I know during the strike of '94 there were a few players who were going to be replacement players, and they're not in the union, so there are a few MLB players still not appearing in the games

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ May 18, 2005 -> 12:13 AM)
I'm not sure if Millar fits this, but I know during the strike of '94 there were a few players who were going to be replacement players, and they're not in the union, so there are a few MLB players still not appearing in the games

Yes, he is one of them.

Benny Agbayani

Brian Daubach

Brendan Donnelly

Angel Echeverria

Charles Gipson

Matt Herges

Cory Lidle

Kerry Ligtenberg

Ron Mahay

Tom Martin

Walt McKeel

Frank Menechino

Lou Merloni

Kevin Millar

Damian Miller

Eddie Oropeso

Keith Osik

Rick Reed

Chuck Smith

Shane Spencer

Pedro Swann

Jeff Tam

Brian Tollberg

Chris Truby

Jamie Walker

I could swear that Arrington is in Madden 05, or is this new with him?

He must have joined the NFLPA?

The funny thing about Barry is that they changed his name to the guy that busted Pete Rose for betting on baseball. Any signifigance to that?

Jon Dowd. Yeah, I think they did that on purpose.

Edited by Jabroni