Game Thread 5-18-2005 Sox vs Rangers

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2005 -> 07:48 PM)
The record is 6 by Hank Majeski of the Philly A's in 1948

Nuts. I thought the O's broadcasters were saying something about this when Brian Roberts was hitting against us. Thanks for setting me straight.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 18, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
Nuts.  I thought the O's broadcasters were saying something about this when Brian Roberts was hitting against us.  Thanks for setting me straight.

No, that was in a double header. The record is four.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 18, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
Nuts.  I thought the O's broadcasters were saying something about this when Brian Roberts was hitting against us.  Thanks for setting me straight.

I deleted that post, you were quick. I read the doubleheader record. :bang The record is indeed four.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ May 18, 2005 -> 02:45 PM)
Steff,

Are you thinking what I am thinking? That Konerko and Dye might have been born again in this game?

I'm not making any comments that include religious references... :rolly

:lolhitting

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 18, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
Home runs are fine and dandy but how about some hits with men on? Under .200 ( with men in scoring position too) is not acceptable for anyone no matter how far or how many home runs they hit. I am just not gonna get excited over a home run when he is hitting as poorly as he is. String some damn hits together.

Can't argue with you there qwerty. It seems we have a real problem not getting runners in when in scoring position and less than 2 outs. Even Ozuna's at bat is an example. 2nd and 3rd weith 2 outs and he gets caught looking at strike 3. Protect the plate when you have 2 strikes on you. Be aggressive for crying out loud.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2005 -> 07:57 PM)
MB with another quick inning, Sox lead 5-0 going to the stretch.

Now the question becomes with MB around 100 pitches, do you send him out for the 8th or do you get guys like Cotts, Walker, and/or Shingo some work?

Let him go another inning and if still leading 5-0 bring Shingo in for the 9th and let him THINK he is closing out agame. Hopefully he will start being successful.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
MB with another quick inning, Sox lead 5-0 going to the stretch.

Now the question becomes with MB around 100 pitches, do you send him out for the 8th or do you get guys like Cotts, Walker, and/or Shingo some work?

Leave him in for another..

Edit: LMAO.. a bit late with my reply there. :lolhitting