Game Thread 5-18-2005 Sox vs Rangers

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 18, 2005 -> 01:07 PM)
why not put shingo in, whatev

Not with people already on and Soriano up...game could close up way too fast.

If Politte gets out of the 8th, I say give Shingo the 9th to get him some more work.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
Cliff Politte comes in?  I don't get this move at all.  Why not use your guys who actually need some work so they don't suck when you actually need them in an important situation.

This is a pretty important situation. It's only a 5 run lead, and with 2 on and some very dangerous hitters coming up, you don't want to let the Rangers back into the game. Cliff was definitely the right call in this situation.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
This is a pretty important situation.  It's only a 5 run lead, and with 2 on and some very dangerous hitters coming up, you don't want to let the Rangers back into the game.  Cliff was definitely the right call in this situation.

Regardless, Mark shouldn't have even gone out there for the 8th. There is no reaosn at this point. Like I said earlier, we are up 5 runs, we need to get Cotts/Walker/Shingo some work in not essential situations.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 18, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
Just Googled it - his number with Arizona was 39 straight into the 6th, from 2001-2003.

Thanks.. Memory isn't as good as it used to be. :lolhitting

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
Great job by Cliff against Mench, who looks just amazing at the plate right now.

I won't miss him when he departs this city, that's for sure. Man has he fouled off a lot of pitches today.