28-12

BobDylan

The best record in baseball. 5.5 game lead over the Twins. Top ERA in the American League. A closer that has yet to give up an earned run. And yet, I see posts about firing Greg Walker, calling for Konerko and Dye's head, calling Freddy Garcia and El Duque crappy, etc, etc, etc.. It's as if this team has NEVER had a 3 game losing streak or a funk and 28-12 is rather crappy for this team. I feel like a goddamn Yankees fan around this board b****ing about things that aren't happening right now for the Sox. Seriously now folks, how many have you realized that the White Sox are 28-12! Raise your hands please, I want to know what posters to follow after the White Sox, god forbid, lose a game. Is it that hard to enjoy success? I've never seen a perfect baseball team in my life. Have you?

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 18, 2005 -> 12:56 AM)
Maybe you are right about us waiting for the other shoe to drop but being 28-12 doesn't mean we don't have legitimate concerns that need addressing (at least on a meaningless message board)

Addressing concerns is one thing, but thread after thread of curse filled ranting and unflattering "nicknames" for our players when this is, so far, the best White Sox team that any of us can remember is nuts.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 18, 2005 -> 02:18 AM)
Addressing concerns is one thing, but thread after thread of curse filled ranting and unflattering "nicknames" for our players when this is, so far, the best White Sox team that any of us can remember is nuts.

Well said, YAS. Let's all take a deep breath and realize where we are -- 5.5 games up, 28-12.

We have a group of 25 human beings, 30+ including Oz and the coaches, all of whom are flawed in some way or another, working wonderfully with each other and, so far, achieving great things.

I know it's not in the nature of a White Sox fan to accept praise or be content with what we have, but, I for one, am determined to enjoy this fantastic 2005 season.

28-12 is music to my ears. That is .700 ball through a 40 game stretch. If we can play even .600 ball the rest of the way we will win 101 games, and .550 ball will still get us 95 wins. These 40 games have been huge and really put a ton of pressure on the Twins to get hot, while we fall apart.

And finally :cheers to my boys, you have earned it. I don't care what the haters say, this is a special group.

Guest JimH

Great post.

Unfortunately, some here think the curse filled ranting is funny, but to each their own.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2005 -> 07:14 AM)
28-12 is music to my ears.  That is .700 ball through a 40 game stretch.  If we can play even .600 ball the rest of the way we will win 101 games, and .550 ball will still get us 95 wins.  These 40 games have been huge and really put a ton of pressure on the Twins to get hot, while we fall apart.

And finally :cheers to my boys, you have earned it.  I don't care what the haters say, this is a special group.

Yeah...this is certainly impressive...no doubt.

Very impressive. But to bring things into a perspective here, last year at this point we were, iirc, 2 games behing the Twins and we finished ... what was it? ... 9 back. We've currently got a 5.5 game lead.

Very impressive.  But to bring things into a perspective here, last year at this point we were, iirc, 2 games behing the Twins and we finished ... what was it? ... 9 back.  We've currently got a 5.5 game lead.

No doubt. To quote NUKE, we have to make them eat a lot more s***.

There are some holes creeping into Minny's lineup as well. Jason Bartlett and Luis Rivas have already been replaced by Juan Castro and Nick Punto, which will hardly strike fear into opposing pitchers.

But as usual, those head to head games will be crucial, as they always are.

There are some holes creeping into Minny's lineup as well. Jason Bartlett and Luis Rivas have already been replaced by Juan Castro and Nick Punto, which will hardly strike fear into opposing pitchers.

But as usual, those head to head games will be crucial, as they always are.

Other than Morneau, their whole infield sucks.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 18, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
Other than Morneau, their whole infield sucks.

They would have loved to have Koskie back for the right price, but Mike Cuddyer has done a pretty good job this month;

.350/.386/.450

They would have loved to have Koskie back for the right price, but Mike Cuddyer has done a pretty good job this month;

.350/.386/.450

I think losing Koskie was big. They will miss his bat and his D. Not to mention he was a Sox killer.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(BobDylan @ May 18, 2005 -> 12:49 AM)
The best record in baseball. 5.5 game lead over the Twins. Top ERA in the American League. A closer that has yet to give up an earned run. And yet, I see posts about firing Greg Walker, calling for Konerko and Dye's head, calling Freddy Garcia and El Duque crappy, etc, etc, etc.. It's as if this team has NEVER had a 3 game losing streak or a funk and 28-12 is rather crappy for this team. I feel like a goddamn Yankees fan around this board b****ing about things that aren't happening right now for the Sox. Seriously now folks, how many have you realized that the White Sox are 28-12! Raise your hands please, I want to know what posters to follow after the White Sox, god forbid, lose a game. Is it that hard to enjoy success? I've never seen a perfect baseball team in my life. Have you?

Excellent post. That's what bothers me. I don't understand how people can have a difficult time enjoying this.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 18, 2005 -> 11:57 PM)
Excellent post.  That's what bothers me.  I don't understand how people can have a difficult time enjoying this.

MS: "Homer, it's easy to criticise you know"

HS: "Fun too!!!"