Wrestling with temptation

Texsox

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 18, 2005 -> 08:12 AM)
When you have something you really want to do, but you know you shouldn't, what do you do?

If it doesn't hurt or endanger or have detrimental effects on anyone.. do it.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 18, 2005 -> 08:15 AM)
If it doesn't hurt or endanger or have detrimental effects on anyone.. do it.

Usually, if it's something you shouldn't do ... it would hurt, endanger or have detrimental effects on someone.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 18, 2005 -> 08:25 AM)
Usually, if it's something you shouldn't do ... it would hurt, endanger or have detrimental effects on someone.

Well.. I shouldn't have gone to the boat after the game last night since I had to be up at 5am this morning.. but I did.. and won ;) :P

QUOTE(Steff @ May 18, 2005 -> 08:32 AM)
Well.. I shouldn't have gone to the boat after the game last night since I had to be up at 5am this morning.. but I did.. and won  ;)  :P

Some people are just born lucky. :rolly

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 18, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
When you have something you really want to do, but you know you shouldn't, what do you do?

Sounds to me that since you're even considering it, you must not have a concious (:huh . So do it.

Can ya tell us what it is?? :ph34r:

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 18, 2005 -> 08:55 AM)
If they did, would they even be thinking about doing it? :huh

He already said he knows it's a bad thing.

Which indicates to me that he's at least exercising the thought process.. meaning he has a conscience.. no?

Wouldn't it make sence that one would need a conscience to even ask such a question..? :huh

QUOTE(Steff @ May 18, 2005 -> 01:59 PM)
Which indicates to me that he's at least exercising the thought process.. meaning he has a conscience.. no?

Wouldn't it make sence that one would need a conscience to even ask such a question..?  :huh

I see your point Steff.

In my mind, I have a very clear sense of right and wrong and if something is wrong, I don't do it, no consideration. That's just me.

Oh f*** it Tex, if it hurts someone else, don't do it, if it might just hurt you, do it.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 18, 2005 -> 09:07 AM)
I see your point Steff.

In my mind, I have a very clear sense of right and wrong and if something is wrong, I don't do it, no consideration.   That's just me.

Oh f*** it Tex, if it hurts someone else, don't do it, if it might just hurt you, do it.

I see yours also..

Sometimes there are things that are proposed that I don't even consider because it's clear they are wrong..

It's the "hmmm... should I, could I, would I, maybe I could ..." things where I think the conscience comes into play. That's what it sounds like Tex is wrestling with.. I think. :huh

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 18, 2005 -> 08:07 AM)
In my mind, I have a very clear sense of right and wrong and if something is wrong, I don't do it, no consideration. That's just me.

Wow...pass me over some of that will-power you've got...

I try to do the right thing more times than not, but its a bold comment to say you never go against your conscience or better judgment.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 18, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
Wow...pass me over some of that will-power you've got...

I try to do the right thing more times than not, but its a bold comment to say you never go against your conscience or better judgment.

Trust me, you have to do a lot of f***ing up to get there. It's part will power, but mostly fear, lol.

You should weigh your options very heavily b4 you do anything rash. Ask yourself if its truely worth giving up whatever you may be giving up to have what you want...if not then you have your answer.. good luck either way. Take this from a person who has never done a thing right in his whole life... now that takes skill!! :bang

Edited by EvilJester99

I see it all perfectly; there are two possible situations - one can either do this or that. My honest opinion and my friendly advice is this: do it or do not do it - you will regret both.

Soren Kierkegaard

He also said something to the point of: When you choose whom you ask for advice, you choose your advice. (Or maybe that was Nietzsche--either way, it's a good point.)