New matchups for the weekend

DABearSoX

Sorry iff this was posted already....

Freddy vs. Maddux

Count vs. Zambrano

Duque vs. Prior

Zambrano pushed back a day, still feel pretty good, unless baker is compete idiot he should only get maybe 90-98 pitches....gotta work the pitch count all weekend to get to that pen

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ May 19, 2005 -> 01:43 AM)
Sorry iff this was posted already....

Freddy vs. Maddux

Count vs. Zambrano

Duque vs. Prior

Zambrano pushed back a day, still feel pretty good, unless baker is compete idiot he should only get maybe 90-98 pitches....gotta work the pitch count all weekend to get to that pen

If Pods gets on base, I look forward to seeing Zambrano fall apart like a 9-year-old girl on the mound. If Timo can get into his head, the idea of Pods on the bases must keep him up nights.

What a great time for Dye and Konerko to break out of their slumps. I'm still concerned about Paulie because he's still pulling everything. Dye has been hitting the ball hard for two games. He may finally be ready to add some offense to this team.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ May 19, 2005 -> 06:12 AM)
I feel a lot better about this series now that it looks like Konerko and Dye are swinging the bats like they're capable.

It was nice, but I wouldn't go nuts yet, it was one game. I have to say though, they both look better at the plate recently. KEEP IT UP!! :headbang

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 19, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
AM I the only one looking at this is just another series..Win 2/3 move on to the next series..  I could care less who we play as long as we keep winning.

:gosoxretro:

Being 29-12, this is how the team should be looking at things. Plus one thing we do have going for us, is we have just kicked the crap out of teams under .500

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 18, 2005 -> 11:45 PM)
If Timo can get into his head, the idea of Pods on the bases must keep him up nights.

If Timo is on base, that means he's playing. I don't like that. I'd much rather have Ozuna or Willie mess with his head.

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 19, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
Crazy things happen in this series.  It always seem like the poorer team ends up winning the first series.  Don't ask me why.  I think we'll have our work cut out for us this weekend and we may be looking at avoiding a sweep.

The only thing predictable, is that it will be unpredictable. With the exception of last year, both teams usually lose 2 at home.

This series means more to the fans than it does to the players, and rightly so. The players should be getting up for a series against the Twins, not neccesarily the Cubs. However, the big raucous crowds should get our guys up as well.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 19, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
This series means more to the fans than it does to the players, and rightly so.  The players should be getting up for a series against the Twins, not neccesarily the Cubs.  However, the big raucous crowds should get our guys up as well.

Some reason I'm not as excited as I used to be for this series. Maybe that will all change once the games start tomorrow. It also may be the sad fact, that though I'm always optimistic, part of me realized this may be all I had to look forward to during the season. It seems there's things much more important than the crosstown series this season.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 19, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
Some reason I'm not as excited as I used to be for this series.  Maybe that will all change once the games start tomorrow.  It also may be the sad fact, that though I'm always optimistic, part of me realized this may be all I had to look forward to during the season.  It seems there's things much more important than the crosstown series this season.

You just put into words exactly what I was feeling. Its wierd, but we have much more to worry about, the Cubs games are just that. Games. Usually we are behind and the secondary prizes start to mean something. This year it is all about first place.

While it is just another series vs another team... It means a little bit more to me because if we win the series i can brag about it to the cubs and if we lose i have to listen to them.... bottom line playoffs is more important.... but bragging rights is important when most of your friends are cub followers.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ May 19, 2005 -> 12:24 PM)
If Timo is on base, that means he's playing.  I don't like that. I'd much rather have Ozuna or Willie mess with his head.

I was referring to last year, when Timo got into Z's head. I certainly don't want him playing this year either.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ May 19, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
If Timo is on base, that means he's playing.  I don't like that. I'd much rather have Ozuna or Willie mess with his head.

Posednik?

Can you imagine what Pods is going to do to Zambrano if he gets on base?

If not nearly as excited for this series this season mainly for two reasons. I am used to this team playing in big games this year, and we don't need to win to have bragging rights. If the Cubs win this weekend's series, we will be 30-14 and the Cubs will be 20-21. That is all I need to tell the Cubs fans who will be bragging. When we win the series, however, we will be 31-13 and the Cubs will be 19-22. :lol: Also, having the games in May when I'm still in school doesn't help add to my excitment. I'll be having to think about all the s*** I have to do in the next few weeks for school throughout the weekend. The first series is usually mid June right when Summer is starting and I have more time to get pumped for the series.