New matchups for the weekend

DABearSoX

Remember when someone got on base last year for CLee against the Flubs 1 time and Zambrano was pitching. After about 142534632 straight tosses to 1st, Clee rocks the 1st pitch for a HR. :headbang

Speed Kills....

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 19, 2005 -> 08:14 PM)
Remember when someone got on base last year for CLee against the Flubs 1 time and Zambrano was pitching. After about 142534632 straight tosses to 1st, Clee rocks the 1st pitch for a HR. :headbang

Speed Kills....

Timo was on 1st, Crede was batting

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 19, 2005 -> 11:45 AM)
Some reason I'm not as excited as I used to be for this series.  Maybe that will all change once the games start tomorrow.  It also may be the sad fact, that though I'm always optimistic, part of me realized this may be all I had to look forward to during the season.  It seems there's things much more important than the crosstown series this season.

I'm feeling the same way. To me this is just another series with a more fun atmosphere. Also, the fact that I still have school going on kind of sucks because the game tomorrow starts at 1:20 and I have to ditch(which I am) just to make sure I don't miss the game, that kind of pisses me off. I just want to win any series we play to stay ahead of those damn twinkies who definitely won't be going away.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 19, 2005 -> 01:34 AM)
What a great time for Dye and Konerko to break out of their slumps.  I'm still concerned about Paulie because he's still pulling everything.  Dye has been hitting the ball hard for two games.  He may finally be ready to add some offense to this team.

you got that right. as far as pitching match-ups are concerned, this is the worst it could be. neither Buehrle nor Garland pitches, and the Cubs send out their 3 best. I expect the Cubs to take 2 of 3, but their bullpen is so bad and our bats have been so clutch that this series is nearly impossible to predict (for me, at least. anybody wants to take a shot at it then go ahead)

Edited by AirScott

I'm approaching this series with a bit of trepidation. If you remember a few years ago, the Cubs were playing very good baseball and a struggling Sox team came in and swept them. It was the start of huge downward slide for the Cubs that they never recovered from.

The Sox need to take this series, besides the fact that it certainly helps in the pennant race, but it could define the rest of the season as far as which team is in the spotlight in Chicago.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 20, 2005 -> 02:37 AM)
I'm approaching this series with a bit of trepidation.  If you remember a few years ago, the Cubs were playing very good baseball and a struggling Sox team came in and swept them.  It was the start of huge downward slide for the Cubs that they never recovered from. 

The Sox need to take this series, besides the fact that it certainly helps in the pennant race, but it could define the rest of the season as far as which team is in the spotlight in Chicago.

That was 1999 if my memory serves me. It was so awesome to see the Flubbs fall apart the way they did. I think they finished something like 30 games under .500.