White Sox vs Cubs Game One Thread 5-20-05

sox-r-us

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, Freddy hasn't pitched great lately but the odds are in his favor Friday. He is pitching away from the Cell and in a day game. Freddy's splits say he should pitch a good game. If the wind is blowing in at the Urinal, he has an even better chance of getting the W. Having been brought up in the Astros organization, Freddy is the only starting pitcher we have going this weekend that can swing the stick. Contreras and El Duque couldn't buy a hit to save their lives.

Edited by Jabroni

I cant wait to see our baserunners run wild on Barrett.

Barrett has actually been throwing out quite a few runners this season and Henry Blanco is a stud throwing guys out. Which is weird because Barrett was awful last season behind the plate. Hopefully, Pods will get on base often and test Barrett's arm.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 19, 2005 -> 12:03 PM)
Pin this mods....

I am 1-0 when I start game threads this year :P

So you started a game thread on one of their 29 wins, as opposed to one of their 12 losses. I'm impressed ;)

I just got some released tickets from the flub website. I am now going, just told my boss calling in sick.

I am going to root our boys on and boo the living s*** out of the cubs.

SOX PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELLL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Out of curiosity, what direction would the wind be blowing for it to be in?

If there's a southwest wind off the lake, it's blowing in. Hopefully, it will be blowing in for Freddy. If the Cubs don't hit homers, they don't win.

EDIT: f***balls. I just checked Weather.com and it says that the wind will be blowing out (northeast) 13 -14 mph during tomorrow's game. "Longball" Freddy better keep the damn ball down or it could get ugly. :ph34r:

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 19, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
If there's a southwest wind off the lake, it's blowing in.  Hopefully, it will be blowing in for Freddy.  If the Cubs don't hit homers, they don't win.

EDIT:  f***balls.  I just checked Weather.com and it says that the wind will be blowing out (northeast) 13 -14 mph during tomorrow's game.  "Longball" Freddy better keep the damn ball down or it could get ugly. :ph34r:

I was just gonna look that up.

Blowing out + Freddy= :huh:

I was just gonna look that up.

Blowing out + Freddy=  :huh:

Wait a second. I could be wrong. Weather.com records the wind as "From NE 14 mph." Does that mean that the wind is coming FROM the northeast at 14 mph? If so, that would mean that the wind is blowing IN at the Urinal during tomorrow's game. :headbang

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 19, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
Wait a second.  I could be wrong.  Weather.com records the wind as "From NE 14 mph."  Does that mean that the wind is coming FROM the northeast at 14 mph?  If so, that would mean that the wind is blowing IN at the Urinal during tomorrow's game. :headbang

Yes it says from the NE and if you look at this map, from the NE=in.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1060+W+Addis...08014&t=k&hl=en

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 19, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
Wait a second.  I could be wrong.  Weather.com records the wind as "From NE 14 mph."  Does that mean that the wind is coming FROM the northeast at 14 mph?  If so, that would mean that the wind is blowing IN at the Urinal. :headbang

Yes geniuses :P

If its coming "in" off the lake...I.E (WHEN ITS COOL OUTSIDE)...the wind would be blowing in. So a Northeast wind would blow in from Right Center field, ideal conditions for Freddy G.

:cheers

Yes geniuses  :P

If its coming "in" off the lake...I.E (WHEN ITS COOL OUTSIDE)...the wind would be blowing in. So a Northeast wind would blow in from Right Center field, ideal conditions for Freddy G.

:cheers

Yep, it looks like the wind will be blowing in 13 - 14 mph at the Urinal. Okay, so Freddy is pitching away from the Cell, during the day, and the wind is blowing in. He has no excuses for f***ing up tomorrow's game. Those are the ideal conditions for his type of pitching and Freddy's splits (day game, away from the Cell) are in his favor, BIG TIME.

Edited by Jabroni

Has anyone told you that you look *exactly* like that homo on the Twins? :D

:finger :finger :finger :puke :lol: :lol: :lol:

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 19, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
Yep, it looks like the wind will be blowing in at 13 - 14 mph.  Okay, so Freddy is pitching away from the Cell, during the day, and the wind is blowing in.  He has no excuses for f***ing tomorrow's game up.  Those are the ideal conditions for his type of pitching and the splits (day game, away from the Cell) are in his favor, BIG TIME.