White Sox vs Cubs Game One Thread 5-20-05

sox-r-us

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 20, 2005 -> 11:55 AM)
There should be absolutley NO challenging of Lee this series......unless at some point we have a huge lead (which I doubt) and no one is on base.

Bulls***. This ain't Mickey Mantle we are talking about. The Sox don't cower to anyone. Smart baseball, yes. Pitching around someone every time at bat. Hell no.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 20, 2005 -> 04:57 PM)
Bulls***.  This ain't Mickey Mantle we are talking about.  The Sox don't cower to anyone.  Smart baseball, yes.  Pitching around someone every time at bat.  Hell no.

yeah, OK. I think that's our strategy against Hunter and Sweeney too, isn't it?

Anyone watching BP?....is the wind blowing in hard?

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ May 20, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
They just said on the score Carl Everett will be out in RF for tommorows game. Ozzie doens't want him getting stale on the bench. Todays game it appears to be Dye out in RF. Anybody got the starting lineups yet?

My first reaction to reading this... "ah f***".

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 20, 2005 -> 04:57 PM)
Bulls***.  This ain't Mickey Mantle we are talking about.  The Sox don't cower to anyone.  Smart baseball, yes.  Pitching around someone every time at bat.  Hell no.

All I know is that I don't really want this intercity series to be another where it winds up being "Lee" who killed the oppostion with his bat.

SFF

Joe Borowski is activated for this game. Michael Barrett has a bad shoulder and will probably not play in this entire series. Henry Blanco will probably catch all 3 games. Barrett will only be available as an emergency catcher.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 20, 2005 -> 05:23 PM)
Joe Borowski is activated for this game.  Michael Barrett has a bad shoulder and will probably not play in this entire series.  Henry Blanco will probably catch all 3 games.  Barrett will only be available as an emergency catcher.

Figures about Jo Bo, they weren't gonna go without a closer......and they say they don't care about this series. HA!

Figures about Jo Bo, they weren't gonna go without a closer......and they say they don't care about this series. HA!

Not having Barrett weakens their lineup. He can hit and Blanco can't. But Pods will have to be on the top of his game. Blanco has a really good arm.

I think everything is in line for Garcia to have a great game. Day game, wind in, and no DH- a nice break to get him on track. I feel good.

Agreed, and he's not pitching at the Cell. Freddy should have a good game. If he doesn't, he has no excuses because the conditions are all in his favor.