A.J. FUCKING PIERZYNSKI

sox-r-us

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 19, 2005 -> 05:54 AM)
Yeah, a nice 3 year deal sounds good to me.  Lets keep this guy. NO mattter what, I believe we have this guy next year, due to arbitration.  Can anyone confirm that?

Yes, A.J. still has 1 arbitration eligible year. Happily, because the Giants seem to have been mysteriously unhappy with his performance, they cut him while he still had some arbitration-eligibility remaining. So basically, no matter what, he's here in 06 as well.

A.J.'s been one of those little ingredients that it seems we've been missing since maybe even Fisk's retirement. How many guys have we gone through since then? Anyone else remember Brook Fordyce?

A.J. keeps this up for a few more months...and he'll have more than earned one of them Reinsdorf 3 year extensions. Keep him behind the plate...keep some consistency in the way our catchers call games, let BMac & Gonzales develop with a good catcher, and this team will be pitching well for a long, long time.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ May 19, 2005 -> 08:56 AM)
They said Brian Roberts is wearing those contacts as well... it is suppose to help pick up contrast which helps the hitter a lot....

It's being reported that it helps the hitter see the threads on the baseball, which in turn helps to pick up the spin. I believe the enhanced vision is magnified during day games. When I was a kid, I remember reading that Babe Ruth could read a licence plate before someone with good (20/20?) vision could see the color of it. Of course this could easily be a tall tale.

Edited by ottawa_sox

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 19, 2005 -> 10:42 AM)
It's being reported that it helps the hitter see the threads on the baseball, which in turn helps to pick up the spin.  I believe the enhanced vision is magnified during day games.  When I was a kid, I remember reading that Babe Ruth could read a licence plate before someone with good (20/20?) vision could see the color of it.  Of course this could easily be a tall tale.

Maybe the booze helped magnify things for Babe Ruth... Never worked for me though :bang

I still say that we shouldn't be in any hurry to sign AJ long term. I love the guy, now. He's been great. But he came with a lot of baggage. I think we need to make sure he's the AJ we think we've got, as opposed to the AJ the Giants thought they had.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ May 19, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)
My dad always used to tell me that Ted Williams had great vision and could supposedly see the spin of the  ball better than most.

Hawk was talking about this in a recent broadcast. He asked Williams when he could pick up the spin on the ball. Williams said he could pick it up as soon as it left the pitchers hand. Hawk said that he could pick up about 5 feet in front of the plate. Ted Williams vision capabilities are legendary.

FWIW, Baseball Tonight mentioned that if he keeps up his hot-hitting, he'll be an All-Star. Which leads to think...what other catcher in the AL is there (besides Pudge) that deserves it more? Mauer? Varitek? Lopez?

I know the catching pool in the AL seems crowded this year. But after what he's accomplished, he should at least be considered. JMO.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2005 -> 06:37 AM)
I have been all over AJ's nuts ever since he turned our starting pitching into gods.  And looking back at our catching recent history, that just makes any offense he provides a big fat bonus.

AJ is without a doubt, the biggest move we made in the off season, and he only cost us just over $2 million.

I hope Kenny has a 3 year deal for this guy in his back pocket somewhere... there is no one I want to see bring along guys like Brandon McCarthy and company more than AJ.

If all that isin't enough he loves it here in Chicago and is a positive force in the clubhouse. Defenitely a keeper.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 20, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
Alright, if I find anything I will let you know.

Also-too small?

Did you click on it, the thumbnail.  Because one of those is huge.

No I hadn't, have now your right. Might get some use out of large one. Where did you get it from? Have you seen new Hernandez Wallpaper in Help?

QUOTE(DePloderer @ May 19, 2005 -> 06:14 PM)
No I hadn't, have now your right. Might get some use out of large one. Where did you get it from? Have you seen new Hernandez Wallpaper in Help?

Yep, I saw that El Duque one and it looks great.

Got those pics from sportsline.com