Eric Chavez to the Whitesox?????

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Iguana @ May 19, 2005 -> 10:40 AM)
interesting.  depends on the minor leaguer.  as long as it's not Honel, Mac, Anderson, Sweeney....i'm probably forgetting a few other studs.

Honel??? Lol...he is always hurt! If the A's trade a franchise player like Chavez, it won't be for Joe Crede and Kris Honel...

Honel??? Lol...he is always hurt! If the A's trade a franchise player like Chavez, it won't be for Joe Crede and Kris Honel...

Agreed, it would probably take Crede, Anderson OR Sweeney (OBP guys that Beane loves), and a pitching prospect to net Eric Chavez, even with him in a Dye-like slump. I could definately see Beane shopping Chavez though. The A's aren't going anywhere this season and Beane could be looking to free up money for the future.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Iguana @ May 19, 2005 -> 07:40 AM)
interesting.  depends on the minor leaguer.  as long as it's not Honel, Mac, Anderson, Sweeney....i'm probably forgetting a few other studs.

If the minor leaguer was Honel I wouldnt even think twice about this trade...

But in all reality I don't really see this happening. Isn't Joe a FA after the season as well? So basically the A's would be trading Chavez for the one minor league prospect...well I guess that could happen????

But dont forget folks: Chavez this year .205/.272/.321 with 4 HR's and 17 RBI's

He hasn't exactly been tearing the cover off the ball. Will he end up hitting? Most likely...but this isnt near as good as it sounds

Does anyone know how long Chavez is signed for.. I wouldnt do this deal if he is a free agent after this year

http://www.mlb4u.com/oak.html

Eric Chavez: signed 6-Year worth 66M EXTENSION thru 2010 on 3/18/2004- deal includes 2011 option worth 12.5M or 3M buyout- + consent would be needed for trades to Cleveland, Florida, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Montreal, Mets ,Tampa Bay and Toronto- + 3M signing bonus paid in 500K installments each Nov. 16 between 04 and 09- receives salaries of 8M in 2005, 9M in 2006, 9M in 2007, 11M in 2008, 11M in 2009 and 12M in 2010- + Clause: During certain games thruout the season, GM Billy Beane must care for Eric's 2 dogs- BONUSES he has received: 50K for 2004 Gold Glove

Maybe we can trade Dye back to the A's for Chavez. :lol:

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ May 19, 2005 -> 07:58 AM)
Why would Oakland trade Chavez if he just signed a 6 yr deal

UHHH...because hes been TERRIBLE this year??? :banghead

And they need to re-work the team and spend money elsewhere? Oakland isnt exactly a big market team.

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ May 19, 2005 -> 07:38 AM)
On the A's fan board it mention that Rosenthal reported that the Sox are talking trade with Oakland about Eric Chavez for a Joe Crede and a top minor leaguer..

As anyone heard about this...

Haven't heard any news related to this rumor.

But if Beane is truly conjuring up trade proposals with Williams, and I'm Kenny, I'd be very careful. Apparently, the Overlord of baseball transactions can do no wrong. No need to rehash concepts detailed in Moneyball.

I'll also feel its necessary to take advantage of this thread to laugh at Oakland's mediocrity. Beane supporters, nothing should warm your hearts more than this wonderfully insightful article written several days ago in the Boston Globe. Enjoy. :D

http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wilbur/s.../blog/05_17_05/

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Why would Oakland trade Chavez if he just signed a 6 yr deal

Well, they suck right now but will probably be good in the future with their young talent. Maybe Beane wants to dump his contract so he can clear up some money for the future? :huh

Here's the thread from the MLB.com A's board...

"Eric Chavez to the Whitesox?"

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp...g=36586.1&ctx=0

Keep in mind it's a MLB.com board and they are filled with lying trolls.