Eric Chavez to the Whitesox?????

Southside hitmen

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 19, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
Well, they suck right now but will probably be good in the future with their young talent.  Maybe Beane wants to dump his contract so he can clear up some money for the future? :huh

Here's the thread from the MLB.com A's board...

"Eric Chavez to the Whitesox?"

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp...g=36586.1&ctx=0

Keep in mind it's a MLB.com board and they are filled with lying trolls.

I think that Chavez is trade"able". They get rid of Mulder and Hudson, great SP that nobody would said they would be traded.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Chavez is trade"able". They get rid of Mulder and Hudson, great SP that nobody would said they would be traded.

Of course he is tradeable. Beane's whole game is dumping high salary guys for good prospects because he has a very small payroll. If we did trade for Chavez, it would be the end of Paulie in a White Sox uniform. But I'd rather have Chavez than Konerko.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 19, 2005 -> 07:59 AM)
Well, they suck right now but will probably be good in the future with their young talent.  Maybe Beane wants to dump his contract so he can clear up some money for the future? :huh

Here's the thread from the MLB.com A's board...

"Eric Chavez to the Whitesox?"

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp...g=36586.1&ctx=0

Keep in mind it's a MLB.com board and they are filled with lying trolls.

This has to be BS. Why would Beane trade the only star that actually signed an extension with him, and get Crede who if he does any good will never be able to be signed in Oakland, remember he is represented by Boras, and minor leaguers he had no interest in when he was trading his rotation? The person who posted this has a generic handle, so its probably someone trying to get a rise out of people.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 19, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
I bet the Sox are counting on not signing Crede, due to the Boras factor...but we have Josh Fields.  This doesn't really sound likely.

Fields can change position and go to 1B, after a huge contract like Chavez, PK would be expendable...

Sorry, if Oak. gives up Chavez it will be for a s***load more than Cruddy and say Anderson. I'm also getting suspicious about any dealings with Oakland players, ahem Billy Botch and Jermaine Death ahem. What do they know about Chavez that we might not see?

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

Eric Chavez is the heart and soul of the Oakland Franchise. He is the face of the Oakland Franchise. If they are going to deal anyone, it's Scott Hatteberg. No way is Chavez going to be moved. He is a notorious slow starter as well, so don't worry he'll definitely pick it up.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 19, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
Sorry, if Oak. gives up Chavez it will be for a s***load more than Cruddy and say Anderson.  I'm also getting suspicious about any dealings with Oakland players,  ahem Billy Botch and Jermaine Death ahem. What do they know about Chavez that we might not see?

Not only would it take a ton more, they wouldn't do it AT ALL unless they knew something. I'd say it would have to be related to his injury last year -- if I didn't think this was the funniest load of complete bs that ever whipped up 3 pages on a message board.

And of course Oakland players are no good. Rich Harden's obviously overrated and what's Miggy Tejada ever done?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 19, 2005 -> 07:48 AM)
Agreed, it would probably take Crede, Anderson OR Sweeney (OBP guys that Beane loves), and a pitching prospect to net Eric Chavez, even with him in a Dye-like slump.  I could definately see Beane shopping Chavez though.  The A's aren't going anywhere this season and Beane could be looking to free up money for the future.

I dont think Beane wants Anderson, as it was stated before, his strikeout numbers are a little high for Beane's taste. I would think he is after Sweeney, or a pitching prospect. BTW, i would give up BMAC.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 19, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
Not only would it take a ton more, they wouldn't do it AT ALL unless they knew something.  I'd say it would have to be related to his injury last year -- if I didn't think this was the funniest load of complete bs that ever whipped up 3 pages on a message board.

And of course Oakland players are no good.  Rich Harden's obviously overrated and what's Miggy Tejada ever done?

When did KW get Tejada and Harden?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 19, 2005 -> 08:42 AM)
I dont think Beane wants Anderson, as it was stated before, his strikeout numbers are a little high for Beane's taste.  I would think he is after Sweeney, or a pitching prospect.  BTW, i would give up BMAC.

You would give up BMAC and Crede for Chavez?

I've been a huge fan of his but I'm not sure I would do that trade...Chavez while an extremely 'sexy' player...Flashy defensive plays, smooth lefty swing...I'm not sure hes worth 10+ million a season when our payroll will only be in the 80-85 million dollar range

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 19, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)
When did KW get Tejada and Harden?

Yesterday, just before he swooped in to grab Chavez. Under the radar, baby.

No, I understand what you mean, but "any dealings with Oakland players" does not just mean "any dealings of KW with Oakland players".

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 19, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
Yesterday, just before he swooped in to grab Chavez.  Under the radar, baby.

No, I understand what you mean, but "any dealings with Oakland players" does not just mean "any dealings of KW with Oakland players".

I gotcha, I was unclear...and I'm not even serious about KW not getting Oak. players. Koch was a bust and Death will come out of it....I hope It's just kinda funny that they're both former A's.

Chavez, a young, glove glove, power hitting, third basemen with an ubber contract would take at least Crede, BMac, and another mid-prospect.

Although the possibilites are endless with a player like Chavez on board (i.e. no re-signing PK, moving Fields over to 1B) nothing doing. Case closed.

I can understand why Beane wants to dump Chavez salary and contract. He obviously wants to rebuild. But I don't understand why KW would trigger such a trade. This would sufficate his chances to re-sign Pauly and Jon G to long term deals. And also damper any chance to make any other mid-season moves. Chavez is also struggling this year (more than Crede). He is signed through 2010- that is insane. JR wouldn't allow KW to make such a move. I believe the team salary this season is around $75 mill. If we add him- it would bump up to approximately $85mill. Don't get me wrong Chavez can do it all. But like you guys said before- why alter a team that is 29-12 and has the best record in baseball? Maybe add another arm down the road, but its only May.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 19, 2005 -> 08:42 AM)
I dont think Beane wants Anderson, as it was stated before, his strikeout numbers are a little high for Beane's taste.  I would think he is after Sweeney, or a pitching prospect.  BTW, i would give up BMAC.

I have to disagree. I think BMac is the only untouchable in the Sox system. I'm usually all for trading minor leaguers for proven major league players, but not this time.

IMO, this is all total bs. This is a lot of salary and the A's would ask for a ton. Maybe, Crede, Sweeney, and BMac.

Maybe it's as simple as the Sox vs. Boras. Crede will probably walk after this year only because he is represented by Boras, so why not get a 3B that is signed long term? I'm not saying they SHOULD do this, but it could be that simple.