Eric Chavez to the Whitesox?????

the nationals just signed castilla this year and they are winning some games and fans are going to there games.... i dont think they want to get rid of one of their best players....

If we could get Chavez i would be prepared to lose anyone in the minors besides B-Mac... not because B-Mac is so untouchable but because he is our insurance if a starter goes down.... we cant have felix diaz/jon adkins/Josh stewart as our 5th starter if we expect to win. Also if they wanted Anderson or Sweeney make sure they only get 1 of the two...

With Chavez our lineup would actually be one of the better ones in the AL and an upgrade defensively at 3B. We wouldnt be able to resign Konerko but He would be looking for 8-10 million too and i much rather spend that on Chavez...

Podsenick

Iguchi

Rowand

Frank Thomas

Chavez

Konerko

Dye/Everett

AJ

Uribe

although since it was an A's fan who made this rumor up.... i probably just wasted my time writing this :banghead

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 19, 2005 -> 09:03 AM)
There is no way the White Sox are going to add $10 million to their payroll. Attendance hasn't improved that much.

I disagree. If it's a difference maker at this point, I don't see why JR won't let KW do it.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ May 19, 2005 -> 09:52 AM)
While I don't believe this deal will ever happen....

Anyone who would say no to acquiring Eric Chavez is Absolutely NUTS.

Stop the arguements about not trading minor leaguers.  If you can get a Proven Young Stud like Chavez, you do it.  I wouldn't care if it costs us Crede (one of my favorite players) BMac and another player.  I'd give them whatever they want for him.  Chavez is the best defensive third baseman in the AL, and he is a heart of the order left handed hitter.  We haven't had someone like that since Robin Ventura.  I'll cross my fingers on this one... but I won't get my hopes up.

I definately would get Chavez by any means necessary. I'll switch it up and we'll become Chavy's crew.

I thought I remembered that Beane wasn't interested in BMac when KW explored a trade for Hudson over the offseason...

JR/KW have said all along that there is room for KW to make a trade. Adding Chavez would only effect this season's payroll by about $4 million. Completely feasible.

Chavez is a stud. Get him out of Oak and the god aweful offense that surrounds him and in the Cell, wow. It could be something special.

But this is quite the stretch, but something I would love Kenny to look at.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ May 20, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
I thought I remembered that Beane wasn't interested in BMac when KW explored a trade for Hudson over the offseason...

JR/KW have said all along that there is room for KW to make a trade.  Adding Chavez would only effect this season's payroll by about $4 million.  Completely feasible.

Chavez is a stud.  Get him out of Oak and the god aweful offense that surrounds him and in the Cell, wow.  It could be something special. 

But this is quite the stretch, but something I would love Kenny to look at.

Beane could have very well changed his mind on B-Mac (even though he's not pitching that great in AAA right now), with the performance of Drew Meyer so far this season.

I agree with YAS.

A's have too much invested in Chavez to let him go without some team giving up a whole lot. I mean they traded their up and coming 3B in the Dotel trade which shows that Chavez is one of their centerpieces.

And having relatives a few miles from the Coliseum, Chavez is a huge fan favorite in the bay area -- and trading him would seemingly completely decimate what fan base they have since he is the face of their franchise on the field. There is no way that Beane would consider this trade unless the Sox give up way way way way way too much for him. And whatever happened to the old motto of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

The Sox are 29-12, best record in baseball. They're getting by just fine. Yes, I would like to see more production out of Crede offensively but I'm not willing to see the farm get traded away so we can have a 3B for a short time before he goes off to FA and we get jack and s*** in return.