The Dells..

Steff

I've never been.. and we're thinking about going next weekend.. For those that have been.. is everything pretty centrally located? Anything specific we should do if we go..? Lodging recommendations?

How long does it take to get there anyway..?

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 19, 2005 -> 08:49 AM)
Lake Geneva in Wisconsin is a beautiful place to go if you want to go to relax rather than water rides and go karts.

Yea.. he just said.. "Let's goto the Grand instead and play some golf... "

QUOTE(Steff @ May 19, 2005 -> 08:52 AM)
Not wanting to go quite that far..

There are also nice trips out my way and past that, up into Michigan, where you can do the Dunes. Plenty of nice bed and breakfasts, good golf, nice scenary, and plenty of places to bury those pesky bodies...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2005 -> 08:53 AM)
There are also nice trips out my way and past that, up into Michigan, where you can do the Dunes.  Plenty of nice bed and breakfasts, good golf, nice scenary, and plenty of places to bury those pesky bodies...

I think we're gonna try something more south.. want to try to give us the best possible chance at good weather.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 19, 2005 -> 07:55 AM)
I think we're gonna try something more south.. want to try to give us the best possible chance at good weather.

More south? Like Wisconsin? :huh

;)

YOu'er looking at like a 3-3 1/2 hour ride...I would recommend a hotel with a water park in it...it will save you money. And things are very centrally located...pretty much on one long strip. I stayed at teh Polynesian and loved it. All the big places to stay have pretty kick ass websites you can check out

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 19, 2005 -> 08:57 AM)
YOu'er looking at like a 3-3 1/2 hour ride...I would recommend a hotel with a water park in it...it will save you money.  And things are very centrally located...pretty much on one long strip.  I stayed at teh Polynesian and loved it.  All the big places to stay have pretty kick ass websites you can check out

I've been looking at them this morning... I see kids.. and lots of them. :ph34r:

QUOTE(Steff @ May 19, 2005 -> 09:00 AM)
I've been looking at them this morning... I see kids.. and lots of them.  :ph34r:

Oh, I made an assumption you had kids. If not, I'm not sure you really want to go there...or not for very long. Like previous posters said, its a lot of waterparks and golfing. There is a shopping area, that also has some bars and restaurants...plus some golfing...

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 19, 2005 -> 09:07 AM)
Oh, I made an assumption you had kids.  If not, I'm not sure you really want to go there...or not for very long.  Like previous posters said, its a lot of waterparks and golfing.  There is a shopping area, that also has some bars and restaurants...plus some golfing...

Unless you count my husband.. I have none yet. :lol:

I'm looking at golf in southern Illinois. Anyone been to Galena..?

QUOTE(Steff @ May 19, 2005 -> 08:12 AM)
Unless you count my husband.. I have none yet.  :lol:

I'm looking at golf in southern Illinois. Anyone been to Galena..?

I've never been...

But if u wanna go on a golf resort kinda trip I would recommend Kohler, WI or theres a few places in Michigan that are supposed to be REALLY nice...

Kohler, WI

But c'mon...the Dells Steff?? I'm ashamed :P

Edited by Chisoxrd5

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 19, 2005 -> 09:20 AM)
I've never been...

But if u wanna go on a golf resort kinda trip I would recommend Kohler, WI or theres a few places in Michigan that are supposed to be REALLY nice...

But c'mon...the Dells Steff?? I'm ashamed  :P

Gimme some slack.. I'm under the gun here. We were supposed to be leaving for Tampa Wednesday but that got sqashed because of work. :angry:

We don't want to go north at all.. if the weather is rainy or cold here.. it'll be worse north I would think... no?

QUOTE(Steff @ May 19, 2005 -> 08:33 AM)
Gimme some slack.. I'm under the gun here. We were supposed to be leaving for Tampa Wednesday but that got sqashed because of work.  :angry:

We don't want to go north at all.. if the weather is rainy or cold here.. it'll be worse north I would think... no?

I added a link to the Kohler Resort

I'm just kidding...

When are you planning on goin? B/C i've heard great things about Kohler but if your gonna go next week its only gonna be about 70 degrees.

A drive to the Ozarks...your looking at about 8 hours. Plus you can stop in Branson, Missouri :puke

Edited by Chisoxrd5

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 19, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)
I added a link to the Kohler Resort

I'm just kidding...

When are you planning on goin? B/C i've heard great things about Kohler but if your gonna go next week its only gonna be about 70 degrees.

A drive to the Ozarks...your looking at about 8 hours. Plus you can stop in Branson, Missouri  :puke

Next weekend. So the Tan-Tar-A is high on the list right now.. but that's gonna require a plane ride. I am not spending 10 hours in the car.. :sleep

Jim and I golfed at the Kohler place a couple years ago. Very nice..

QUOTE(Steff @ May 19, 2005 -> 08:41 AM)
Next weekend. So the Tan-Tar-A is high on the list right now.. but that's gonna require a plane ride. I am not spending 10 hours in the car..  :sleep

Jim and I golfed at the Kohler place a couple years ago. Very nice..

Hmm...I totally wanna check it out myself

The Tan-Tar-A looks pretty cool...It does look a little too familyey for my taste. :huh

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 19, 2005 -> 09:44 AM)
Hmm...I totally wanna check it out myself

The Tan-Tar-A looks pretty cool...It does look a little too familyey for my taste.  :huh

I think all those resorts are geared towards family..