Im ticked off

Projection as in should have, or will have?

Anyway, do we have any hitters who even have a case? Pods, I suppose -- but I'd have to check his competition. And it would be strange to have more than 2 or (maybe) 3 guys from one team on a staff. Not really anything to get angry about.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2005 -> 08:42 AM)
Not a chance.  As it stands today, if anyone but Brian Roberts or Soriano starts, its a crime against humanity.

Its all about the votes folks, and 1 billion Japanese can really click those mice.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2005 -> 02:42 PM)
Not a chance.  As it stands today, if anyone but Brian Roberts or Soriano starts, its a crime against humanity.

And it would take a huge slide from Brian Roberts for that to change. He's THE story among position players this year. Soriano's been good, but he's still been nowhere close to Roberts.

Edit: Just checked Soriano's numbers. Weren't they better earlier this year?

Edited by jackie hayes

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 19, 2005 -> 09:45 AM)
And it would take a huge slide from Brian Roberts for that to change.  He's THE story among position players this year.  Soriano's been good, but he's still been nowhere close to Roberts.

Edit:  Just checked Soriano's numbers.  Weren't they better earlier this year?

He went 1-13 against the Sox, that didn't help. But he is still ahead of Tadahito as far as I am concerned.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ May 19, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
ATTENTION TO THOSE WHO APPARENTLY DO NOT KNOW:

Performance has nothing to do with the All-Star starters, it's who the voters select.

I know, but the original poster was talking about who "we should have" in the game...

QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ May 19, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
Unless the Sox tank before July, they will have atleast 4 All-Stars. They are Garland, Buehrle, Hermanson and Iguchi. Possibly, Pods, Hernandez or Konerko.

:stupid

Not a Chance.....Maybe 3

On BBTN last night...during the highlights of both A.J. and Paulie's long balls, they were saying that both of them deserved all-star slots. Harold Reynolds has pushed Paulie for the AS team a couple of times.

Personally...I say that if MB and JG aren't on that team...I don't watch the game.

AJ is a sleeper but I'd say Hermanson, Buehrle, and Garland. Why do people think that they are going to carry three second basemen? That won't happen. It's Sori and Roberts. I'm not convinced that Sori doesn't win the fan vote despite Roberts' great start. All that old Yankee love should help him. I doub AJ does make it though because I figure I-Rod wins the fan vote and Tek is picked by Francona since he's actually been really great this year and managers are supposed to help their own

QUOTE(doUrememberwhen @ May 19, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
Does anybody have a link to some japanese baseball boards(in english)?  I would be happy to  get them voting and aware of what their guy is doing over here....

I'm sure they know. They're very big into baseball, especially when it comes to one of their countrymen.