final solution???

sec159row2

This is the first time I've said anything on these forums about this but I have a cousin that's over there right now in the Sunni Triangle.

Some of the stuff she's sending is amazing - the work that our soldiers are doing. It's not all roses, they are in some pretty difficult circumstances over there right now.

But, the portrayal of certain things are just plain not right. And I'm glad I'm getting pieces of the truth. She can't say a lot because she's one of the higher ups, but I'm encouraged by her tone every time I get an email from her.

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 19, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
This is the first time I've said anything on these forums about this but I have a cousin that's over there right now in the Sunni Triangle.

Some of the stuff she's sending is amazing - the work that our soldiers are doing.  It's not all roses, they are in some pretty difficult circumstances over there right now.

But, the portrayal of certain things are just plain not right.  And I'm glad I'm getting pieces of the truth.  She can't say a lot because she's one of the higher ups, but I'm encouraged by her tone every time I get an email from her.

Sorry about the appearance of an edit there, kap. I hit edit instead of reply. None of your words have been altered in any way.

It's not uncommon to hear a returning soldier say that what the media portrays is only telling a small portion of what goes on over there. They are certainly not reporting all the good things the US troops are accomplishing. They are more worried about reporting on flushed pages in Gitmo.

Edited by YASNY