Is someone from Texas in here?

rafacosta

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ May 20, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
It's more like two hours.

What is the Core??? Is a bar?? With cheap beers as YAS said?? I am starting to like it...and Top % in AgEcon, in a ranking that I have, says 9th in the nation. Whatever, it is more than I was expecting! :cheers

QUOTE(rafacosta @ May 20, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
What is the Core??? Is a bar?? With cheap beers as YAS said?? I am starting to like it...and Top % in AgEcon, in a ranking that I have, says 9th in the nation. Whatever, it is more than I was expecting!  :cheers

Oops, my spelling is bad, it's the Corps and here is the link. It's veeeeeery military without being military. Don't ask.

The Texas A&M Crazies

QUOTE(TheDybber @ May 20, 2005 -> 06:05 PM)
Oops, my spelling is bad, it's the Corps and here is the link.  It's veeeeeery military without being military.  Don't ask.

The Texas A&M Crazies

Lol! Thanks Dybber. There is no chance I would get in that place. I was thinking it was a bar or something like that... :banghead

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 20, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
The Corps is the M in A&M and a major tradition going back generations.

The M that comes from A&M is Mechanical, isn't? And the A is from Agricultural? Correct, if I am wrong. I read on their website.

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 20, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
As far as the social life, you may dislike Texas women, especially if you dislike tall, sweet, beautiful, and sexy.

Well that settles it......... (starts running out of the house) :D

Never been to College Station but I have been to Athens, GA several times when I was living in GA. Dude, beautiful place. Athens is known as a music hotspot and you'll be surrounded by Georgia peaches (that's what they call the women, sweet as peaches). TX women are hot, but they haven't got s*** on GA women. Atlanta is only 45mins to an hour from Athens, not to mention you're within just a few hours of the Atlantic coast and less than 8 from the Gulf of Mexico. The weather isn't near as brutal as TX in the summer but just a bit cooler in the winter. So, educational value aside, IMO UGA is the school you should be checking out.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ May 23, 2005 -> 04:23 AM)
Never been to College Station but I have been to Athens, GA several times when I was living in GA.  Dude, beautiful place.  Athens is known as a music hotspot and you'll be surrounded by Georgia peaches (that's what they call the women, sweet as peaches).  TX women are hot, but they haven't got s*** on GA women.  Atlanta is only 45mins to an hour from Athens, not to mention you're within just a few hours of the Atlantic coast and less than 8 from the Gulf of Mexico.  The weather isn't near as brutal as TX in the summer but just a bit cooler in the winter.  So, educational value aside, IMO UGA is the school you should be checking out.

A&M is in a more temperate band so summer wouldn't be as bad as say down by me or out west. GA has a lot going for it also. I don't think you could go wrong in either place.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ May 23, 2005 -> 06:23 AM)
Never been to College Station but I have been to Athens, GA several times when I was living in GA.  Dude, beautiful place.  Athens is known as a music hotspot and you'll be surrounded by Georgia peaches (that's what they call the women, sweet as peaches).  TX women are hot, but they haven't got s*** on GA women.  Atlanta is only 45mins to an hour from Athens, not to mention you're within just a few hours of the Atlantic coast and less than 8 from the Gulf of Mexico.  The weather isn't near as brutal as TX in the summer but just a bit cooler in the winter.  So, educational value aside, IMO UGA is the school you should be checking out.

Thanks, MMmmbeer for the info. I was in Athens, GA last September. UGA campus is great. I met few professor in the Ag Econ department, great Faculty. The town has good bars and nightlife. I stayed there for a week, not too much time to know the town, but it is a small, comfortable, and attractive town.

QUOTE(rafacosta @ May 21, 2005 -> 08:04 AM)
The M that comes from A&M is Mechanical, isn't? And the A is from Agricultural? Correct, if I am wrong. I read on their website.

Depends on who you are talking to, the Corps tells it different :D