Question about "Saving Private Ryan"?

CWSGuy406

Anyone recall, off-hand, the name of the town in which the last battle takes place in? I'm doing a project for my AP History class, and would appreciate if anyone could recall the town...

BTW, for those who saw the movie several times, is this a good enough summary? Or should I include more key points?

The movie starts in a flashback where Private Ryan, now an old man, is bringing his family to the WW2 memorial cemetary. The movie then flashes back to the invasion at Normandy, known as D-Day. The battle is very bloody and gruesome, but the Allies are able to push the Germans from the beach. The Allies are commanded by Captain Miller, the man who will later take the task of finding Private Ryan. Once the battle is over, they find that a family of four brothers have endured very tough losses; three out of the four brothers, and, after informing the mother of her dead sons, Miller takes on the task of finding the surving Ryan. Miller chooses the men who he needs for this task, including a German translater, Upam, as well as several others. This small force of men sets out through French towns, encountering many of the enemy Nazis. The task starts to become painful as eventually, some of the members of Miller's unit start to question whether or not it's worth their lives to save just one man, yet Miller does a good job at keeping the men together. They finally arrive at this French town, where Miller finds Private James Ryan. Miller tells Ryan that his other brothers have died, and Ryan breaks down and cries. Miller then tells Ryan that he'll take him home, yet Ryan refuses as they are about to battle the Germans. So, all of Miller's men help defend the town (as well as the bridge) against the Germans, using tactics such as 'sticky bombs' and the unconventional methods of throwing the bazooka rounds (not shooting them) to hold back the Germans. The Germans do, however, break through and grab the town, and force the Allies to move back behind the bridge. As the Americans are about to break up the bridge (Miller is shot during this, too), a fleet of Allied planes comes and bombs the Germans, forcing them to retreat and for that particular unit to surrender.

And, I appreciate anyone who actually reads what I just posted.

I gotta know that town, though...