Sox line-up vs Cubs

GreatScott82

Do you guys think Ozzie will put Everett or Dye out in RF? I would assume Dye since he seems to have found his swing again. I'm guessing the lineup will look like this:

Pods LF

Iguchi 2B

Rowand CF

Konerko 1B

Pierzynski C

Dye RF

Uribe SS

Crede 3B

Garcia/Contreras/El-duque

Will Everett be out in RF at all this series? I think at least 1 game he will. :gosox3:

Everett should not play a single second in the outfield at Wrigley this wknd. Dye is swinging the bat much better now, and Everett has been simply awful at the plate. Even though Dye's had some mishaps in the outfield this year, Everett is easily one of the worst outfielders in the majors. If we're going to lose to the Cubs, I'd much rather it happens because of what they do, and not Everett misplaying balls in RF (anyone remember Gload in RF vs the Cubs last year?).

QUOTE(Cloudyguy09 @ May 19, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)
even tho dye found his swing we are facing 3 righties maddux zambrano and prior so we should see everett in right  :gosox1:

No, no we shouldn't. I don't care if Dye hasn't had a single hit against righties this year, CE should not touch the outfield. He played there 1 inning this year and hurt himself (and he's terrible). All the Cubs would have to do is hit anything his way and they'd fall for hits or be errors or Carl would run into the brick wall. No Everett in the field at all...ever.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 19, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
(anyone remember Gload in RF vs the Cubs last year?).

Oh yes! I was pretty pissed when that happend. Garland was pitching an awesome game vs Prior that day also. And once Gload did that Garland went downhill and we lost. Last year they swept us at Wrigley. Its pay-back time!!

As far as Dye in RF- I agree with ya. Having solid Dee at Wrigley is a must. :gosox1:

Everett should not play a single second in the outfield at Wrigley this wknd.  Dye is swinging the bat much better now, and Everett has been simply awful at the plate.  Even though Dye's had some mishaps in the outfield this year, Everett is easily one of the worst outfielders in the majors.  If we're going to lose to the Cubs, I'd much rather it happens because of what they do, and not Everett misplaying balls in RF (anyone remember Gload in RF vs the Cubs last year?).

Agreed. Dye is starting to hit and Carl is slumping. Also, defense is important in that little cavern in RF. Does anyone want to see the Ross Gload in RF experience at the Urinal all over again with Carl? No thanks.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 20, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
I just got off the phone with my good friend timo, and he said that he's not sniffing the outfield this weekend.

When did you kiss and make up?