Brooks Boyer letter

southsider2k5

Hey gang, we have a final draft done of the letter we are sending to Brooks and his bosses with the Sox. All we need are the rest of the names of people who want to be included in it. If you would like to be included PM either me or Heads with your full real name (don't worry, Mike Hunt has already signed it). So far we have about 30ish people. Please try to get these in by the end of the weekend, as we would like to send it out Monday or so.

Thanks, Southsider

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
Hey gang, we have a final draft done of the letter we are sending to Brooks and his bosses with the Sox.  All we need are the rest of the names of people who want to be included in it.  If you would like to be included PM either me or Heads with your full real name (don't worry, Mike Hunt has already signed it).  So far we have about 30ish people.  Please try to get these in by the end of the weekend, as we would like to send it out Monday or so.

Thanks, Southsider

Throw me in on this deal.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 19, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
I was wondering if you guys were going to post the names of the people that you do have. Or contact those people in order to notify them that you have successfully recieved their name.

Yeah, that would be a good idea just so we know that you recieved our pm's.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
Hey gang, we have a final draft done of the letter we are sending to Brooks and his bosses with the Sox.  All we need are the rest of the names of people who want to be included in it.  If you would like to be included PM either me or Heads with your full real name (don't worry, Mike Hunt has already signed it).  So far we have about 30ish people.  Please try to get these in by the end of the weekend, as we would like to send it out Monday or so.

Thanks, Southsider

OK, so I might be completely clueless, but what is this letter about?

Text of the letter. We are still in the editing stages, so if something looks wrong, please let me know.

Also thanks to everyone new who sent in names, and if you have not and would still like to, I will take names for the rest of the weekend.

May 19, 2005

Mr. Brooks Boyer

Chicago White Sox

333 W. 35th Street

Chicago, IL 60616

Dear Mr. Boyer

We would like to present you with this letter as a bit of thanks from a group of devoted Sox fans. What you have done for White Sox baseball stretches creativity and caring to its limits. Your work is evident everywhere a Sox fan looks. Fans clutched to the new “Sox Pride” moniker. It seemed cool once again to be a Sox fan, maybe even a bit rebellious against the rivals to the north.

Running an online message board affiliated with the White Sox is no small task, as new members register every single day to follow their favorite team, with new fans popping up in far away places such as the United Kingdom, Canada, Brazil, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, and Australia. Comments are made on television programs such as Baseball Tonight that the White Sox have a horrible following. We digress. No group of more passionate fans can be found in baseball, and at Soxtalk, we’d like to think that we embody that passion. It’s quite evident that you do too.

We came up with the idea for this letter as a way to show you our respect. Not many baseball marketing gurus, we can imagine, would have their moves followed like your promotions have been recently. Positive comments show up all over the forums applauding your work to not only bring passionate Sox fans to U. S. Cellular, but to reach out to new fans with breakthroughs like the new Spanish coverage of the Sox.

It is somewhat surreal these days to find an executive in sports, or anyone, for that matter, that goes to the extent that you do to help and support Sox fans. You respond to e-mails, listen and fulfill requests and generally carry yourself as any Sox fan would-proud of their team to no end, and among the most knowledgeable in baseball.

It really seems that “Sox Pride” is spreading like wildfire. Jerseys with Buehrle and Thomas on the back are more and more common. As Sox fans, we love to show our support for our franchise and the best players who have donned the silver and black. Of course, the team’s record is no small coincidence.

In closing, this letter is not nearly enough to thank you. We were not really sure if you personally get feedback on your ideas. However, when the idea for this letter was proposed, there was unanimous feedback. Here’s some of the comments about you:

“Brooks has been awesome ever since he got the job.”

“We, the general Sox fan, think that the job being done is outstanding.” “He does so much for us...This is the least we can do!!”

“I'm not usually all gung ho about something like this, but Brooks really seems to have a feel for what being a Sox fan is all about and has had many great ideas that speak directly to Sox fans.  So, count me in.  He's doing an ass-kicking job.”

“Brooks has been all that and a bag of chips since taking over.”

“Every idea he has is pretty much gold in my book.

“I'm in!!  Brooks has been a godsend....”

“I'm in. I love how available they are. I e-mailed asking for ticket donations for a fundraiser, and received two responses within a couple of hours. I don't think any professional organization is this fan-friendly.”

“Great idea.  I'd definitely like to be involved.”

“Brooks is doing an amazing job for the Sox. Count me in for anything that is Pro-Brooks.”

It’s cool to be a Sox fan. You helped remind some old fans of this and showed a whole lot of new fans that the Sox way is the only way. Your work is unbelievable. Just remember that the fans are always out here, willing to help you as you have helped us so much. It’s the least we can do.

Sincerely

Members of Soxtalk.com

[names below]

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 20, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)
Oh man. That is awesome. Kudos to whoever composed that letter to Brooks.

No thanks, I'm not a big fan of those candy bars. :canada

I wanted to keep myself busy yesterday. :cheers

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 20, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
Where it says "we digress", shouldn't that say "we disagree" about the Sox not having a devoted following?

Minor nitpicking aside, that is a nice little note to Brooks.

Good job.

That's why you're the critic :lol: