Fuck Fox and Renovate My Family

chimpy2121

I dont know if anyone saw this back in December I think, but that Renovate my Family show came to Lemont, Il and renovated a house. The kid goes to my high school and broke his neck in a snowboarding accident and is now in a wheelchair. They felt that this would be a good sob story so they rebuilt their house. Many of you may be saying..whats wrong with that?

Ill tell you:

The house is absolute s***. There are electric fires nearly every week. The house is barely any better for a handicaped person. His room (which they said would be big and spaceous to give him freedom) is tiny. The house is falling apart. It was poorly planned and poorly built. It might look good from the outside but this house is falling apart. I feel bad for Steve and his family because they got taken advantage of for ratings purposes. Now their life is much worse then it was all because of this show promising great things.

Theres a lot more to this story but I dont really feel like talking about it all. Im just so pissed because this family got screwed over. Its sad to think that TV networks play us all for fools when they pretend to do somethng really nice but really do a s***ty ass job and hurt the people instead.

f*** Fox. f*** Renovate My Family.

In the Fox tradition... take a show that works on another network, make it about a 7th of what the original is, add some sort of sex element (The Dahm Triplets) then add a twist. Result, shows that suck ass yet still get ratings because of stupid Americans.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 19, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
I hope the same thing doesn't happen to the families on Extreme Makeover Home Edition because I really like that show and would be extremely disappointed.

The one things that you see every week is contractors that build not just large houses, but houses that are solid and well constructed. THat dont cut corners. The only concerns with these houses is that they are built for families that often cant afford the massive increase in taxes.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ May 19, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
The one things that you see every week is contractors that build not just large houses, but houses that are solid and well constructed. THat dont cut corners. The only concerns with these houses is that they are built for families that often cant afford the massive increase in taxes.

Thats another thing I forgot to mention...their taxes are over $500,000. They cant afford that either.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ May 19, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
Thats another thing I forgot to mention...their taxes are over $500,000. They cant afford that either.

There was a thread about the whole "Extreme Makeover" deal a while back where that was brought up. Its really nice that these shows fix up peoples houses and such but often times those same families get priced out of their own homes because of the proprety taxes as a result.