Garland article by Tim Kurkjian at ESPN.com

Jabroni

"Tiny tweaks can unlock career years"

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stor..._tim&id=2062819

Jon Garland, White Sox

After winning exactly 12 games in each of the last three years, Garland entered Wednesday with an 8-0 record and a 2.41 ERA. He is the first White Sox pitcher since John Whitehead in 1935 to win his first eight starts of the season, and the first since LaMarr Hoyt in 1984 to win 10 consecutive starts. His turnaround is the result of several factors, including refining his changeup. He also has followed the lead of staff ace Mark Buehrle, who works quickly and throws strikes. Garland averaged 3.5 walks per nine innings in his three previous seasons in the big leagues; this year, he has 10 in 59 2/3 innings.

What's often forgotten about Garland is that he's only 25 years old – he just seems to have been around much longer. He was the 10th overall pick by the Cubs in the 1997 draft, then inexplicably was sent to the White Sox in July 1998 for reliever Matt Karchner. "When he's out on the mound, it looks like he doesn't care," one scout said. "But he's a great competitor."

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 20, 2005 -> 08:00 AM)
"Tiny tweaks can unlock career years"

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stor..._tim&id=2062819

Its too bad Jonny Boy can't pitch at the urinal this weekend and show the Cubs how they f***ed up.

By the way, that Lew Ford picture disturbs me....not sure why. Its like he is flirting with me. Ewww.

Its too bad Jonny Boy can't pitch at the urinal this weekend and show the Cubs how they f***ed up.

By the way, that Lew Ford picture disturbs me....not sure why.  Its like he is flirting with me.  Ewww.

Yeah, it sucks that the Flubs have their 3 best pitchers going and we have, arguably, our 3 worst pitchers going. Oh well, just have to beat them anyways.

By the way, you know you love Sweet Lew. :wub:

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 20, 2005 -> 07:07 AM)
Yeah, it sucks that the Flubs have their 3 best pitchers going and we have, arguably, our 3 worst pitchers going. 

Are you kidding me?!?! All that means is that the sweep is going to be that much sweeter.