McCarthy idea-Bmac promoted to the big time?

Princess Dye

you know it might not be the worst idea ever to bring in McCarthy as a long reliever.

it worked for Buehrle, and that was in a playoff run too.

it helped Buehrle develop in a lower pressure role (as low as pitching pressure can get)........ and seeing how Buehrle now has a little playoff experience going into this year, i'd say i'm grateful to Jerry Manuel for bettering the 2005 team that way

on top of that, i dont really know that anyone fits the long relief bill for us (not that we've needed it).... Guillen seems to use Vizcaino for that, but Jose did not do that almost at all for the Brewers, and it seems like he's at his best this year for one inning outings

so it fits the bill and helps develop a young guy...... i dont know, just a thought.

anyone wanna chime in?

Edited by southsider2k5

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well with our group of starters I dont think there will be many opportunities for B-Mac.... I mean there was that one El Duque massacre and than when Contreras got hurt... other than that our starters have gone pretty deep into games.... and since B-Mac isnt really doing that great in AAA let him stay there and get some experiance, he will get some RP opportunities in sept. or if a starter goes down.

that year in the playoffs, Buehrle ended up being better than the other relievers we had..... i think Chad Bradford blew it for us in particular

i say let all your talent work for you when you are making a playoff run. i'm not saying rush up any youngsters we have, but in this case i think we have a need to fill: long relief. you guys really want Vizcaino coming in during 3rd innings?

Edited by Princess Dye

Right now Brandon still needs more time in Charlotte. However, come August or September I woudln't be opposed to it. I think by that time it could be a good thing to carry an extra pitcher (plus rosters expand in September) and you can get his feet wet and at the same time I think he'll be ready to contribute.

Otherwise he shouldn't come up unless there is an injury.

losing Walker wouldnt be tinkering with anything , would it?

i hope this doesnt happen, but if a Cuban gets shelled in the next two days, we might have to see what i'm talking about.

since Vizcaino went today, we would be seeing Cotts and/or Walker for multiple early innings. not good.

can i at least get you guys to admit we could stand to lose Walker for a righty long reliever at some point? we dont need 3 LHPs.

I'd say Neil Cotts is currently our long reliever, and frankly I like it that way.

Can we please quit this push to bring up our young minor leaguers for no reason. It seems like everyday there's another thread demanding that we bring up Brian Anderson or Brandon McCarthy. Neither of them needs to be rushed along especially BMAC, just let them get their experience at Charlotte and enjoy the 30 and 12 record. It would be useless using BMAC as our Long Reliever and it would be dumb to bring up Brian Anderson to sit on the bench.

Here's a McCarhty idea.... STOP GIVING UP SO MANY GODDAMN HOMERUNS!!!!! 9 already!!!

That being said.... i've had the pleasure of being at Knights stadium and it's a little league park and it doesnt take much to get one outta there.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 20, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
This thread is not as gay as you think it is... And normally I wouldn't be defending this, but Bruce Levine just said there are rumors floating around that McCarthy may be up for Sunday's game.... TIFWIW

To start? Is Hernandez hurt? That would explain the last outing.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 20, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
This thread is not as gay as you think it is... And normally I wouldn't be defending this, but Bruce Levine just said there are rumors floating around that McCarthy may be up for Sunday's game.... TIFWIW

That could turn out bad. A huge crowd in a big game in an opposing ballpark for your major league debut, if he got roughed up he could implode. I don't care how strong he is mentally.

Besides Bruce said that other people were talking about it, he hasn't even heard the rumor.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 20, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
If we were gonna bring up anyone for long relief, it could always be Diaz. He's already on the 40-man, pitched in the big leagues and could start or bullpen, so you know he could do long relief and mopup.

I would prefer diaz on the roster, assuming he's healthy, if we're going to carry 12... Send one of Cotts/Walker packing.