Selanne

southsider2k5

I am a Red Wings fan, my advice to the Hawks is not to sign Fedorov. He may sell some jerseys but this guy is not a leader but a loser. The reason Wings were winning so much is because of Yzerman, Hasek, Hull, Shannahan, Chelios and Lidstrem not to mention second-fiddle grunts like Primeau, Dytsiuk, Larionov, Holmstrem, Lapointe, Kozlov, Draper, etc...and not this overrrated, overpaid clown. For his money (11+ million rumored), you could get Selanne AND Mogilny who are much smarter, more clutch and better scorers overall.

I am a Red Wings fan, my advice to the Hawks is not to sign Fedorov.  He  may sell some jerseys but this guy is not a leader but a loser.  The reason Wings were winning so much is because of Yzerman, Hasek, Hull, Shannahan, Chelios and Lidstrem not to mention second-fiddle grunts like Primeau, Dytsiuk, Larionov, Holmstrem, Lapointe, Kozlov, Draper, etc...and not this overrrated, overpaid clown.  For his money (11 million), you could get Selanne AND Mogilny who are much smarter, more clutch and better scorers overall.

The Finnish Flash is the real deal....... were knocking off 2.5mil with crack-head leavin right...... I say go for it......this organization needs a kick in the ass.

say go for it......this organization needs a kick in the ass.

I don't follow Hawks but I know that even with Selanne, this org. will be losers they are now.

Do you honestly think Alex Zhamnov will lead you to the promised land? That guy is a typical overfed Russian who has lost his desire to play hard and adjust to North American style hockey and smaller rinks as soon as he made his first million (see Mogilny Between 1995 and 2002; Yashin in 2002; Fedorov from 1995 on; Kovalev pre-2000, etc). He is a good puck distributer, but he ain't no Forsberg or even Fedorov for that matter. 8.0% shooting? Are you s***ting me, do you honestly think this guy is capable of single-handedly overtaking playoff games?

So you get Selanne, big deal. Unless you have tough-boots defense and a super goalie (see Hasek with Buffalo few years back) not to mention a lot of lucky bounces, there is no way your team makes it out of first round. Look at Toronto for example: they have Roberts, Antropov, Nolan, Sundin, Moggy, Reichel and Renberg who are either highly skilled, big-n-tough or just very experienced and clutch. They also have a clutch goalie in Belfour. Look at Philly: Roenick, Primaue, Leclair, Recchi, Lapointe, Gagne, Kapanen, Amonte...are you kidding me, these are the type of teams Black Hawks would have to be beating routinely if they want a winning team.

Unless Wirtz or somebody is willing to spend 15-25 Mill upgrading this team, you aren't going anywhere. Zhamnov, Daze, Sullivan is a start but it's only half of the offense at best/I]. First you need to become a playoff team and only then start dreaming about playing like championship-caliber team (see: Ottawa, Vancouver, Tornoto, NJ, Philly, Colorando, St. Louis, Detroit, Dallas or even marginal cases like Minnesota and Washington)

How good is Radulov kid?

say go for it......this organization needs a kick in the ass.

I don't follow Hawks but I know that even with Selanne, this org. will be losers they are now.

Do you honestly think Alex Zhamnov will lead you to the promised land? That guy is a typical overfed Russian who has lost his desire to play hard and adjust to North American style hockey and smaller rinks as soon as he made his first million (see Mogilny Between 1995 and 2002; Yashin in 2002; Fedorov from 1995 on; Kovalev pre-2000, etc). He is a good puck distributer, but he ain't no Forsberg or even Fedorov for that matter. 8.0% shooting? Are you s***ting me, do you honestly think this guy is capable of single-handedly overtaking playoff games?

So you get Selanne, big deal. Unless you have tough-boots defense and a super goalie (see Hasek with Buffalo few years back) not to mention a lot of lucky bounces, there is no way your team makes it out of first round. Look at Toronto for example: they have Roberts, Antropov, Nolan, Sundin, Moggy, Reichel and Renberg who are either highly skilled,

big-n-tough or just very experienced and clutch. They also have a cluth goalie in Belfour. Look at Philly: Roenick, Primaue, Leclair, Recchi, Lapointe, Gagne, Kapanen, Amonte...are you kidding me, these are the type of teams Black Hawks would have to be beating if they want a winning team.

Unless Wirtz or somebody is willing to spend 15-25 Mill upgrading this team, you aren't going anywhere. Zhamnov, Daze, Sullivan is a start but it's only half of the team at best/I]. First you need to become a playoff team and only then start dreaming about championship-caliber team.

How good is Radulov kid?

Radulov is I'd say a possible 30-35.....70 pt a year player..... pretty soft.....good hands.....good shot....

The guy that will be the next Forsberg is a Finn named Tuomo Ruutu.... he is a great player, and will be the guy who takes us to that next level.

I'd like to get a guy like Bates Battaglia or Todd Bertuzzi though, I love those big power forwards who put the puck in the net.

If you can somehow swipe Daytsiuk from Red Wings...Ruutu, Radulov, Sullivan, Daze and Zhamnov along with Selanne would definately make Hawks a championship caliber offensive team, but you still would need to get a Holmstrem/Lapointe-type or two to put in front and do the dirty work and, of course, improve defense which would be cheaper.

I'd like to get a guy like Bates Battaglia or Todd Bertuzzi though, I love those big power forwards who put the puck in the net.

That's the problem with many Europeans (especially russians): they are too finesse, puck-handley, strategy-oriented to be effecftive in playoff-type games. They also don't shoot with accuracy as evidenced by dismal scoring %...Fact of the matter is, playes like Bertuzzi, Holik, Leclair, Nolan, Sundin and Cam Neely are the ones who thrive in narrow rinks and battle-orinted NHL. The games is much faster and tougher than when technicans like Gretzky dominated it and the role of a single superstar is getting less and less visible because players like Stevens, Pronger, Lidstrem and Nidermayer can handle anybody,

(Bure, Jagr, Selanne, Kovalchuk, Forsberg, Hejduk, Gaborik, old Bondra, old Yashin, old Fedorov and now Kovalev and Mogilny are exceptions rather than rules.)

If you can somehow swipe Daytsiuk from Red Wings...Ruutu, Radulov, Sullivan, Daze and Zhamnov along with Selanne would definately make Hawks a championship caliber offensive team, but you still would need to get a Holmstrem/Lapointe-type or two to put in front and do the dirty work and, of course, improve defense which would be cheaper.

That's the problem with many Europeans (especially russians): they are too finesse, puck-handley, strategy-oriented to be effecftive in playoff-type games. They also don't shoot with accuracy as evidenced by dismal scoring %...Fact of the matter is, playes like Bertuzzi, Holik, Leclair, Nolan, Sundin and Cam Neely are the ones who thrive in narrow rinks and battle-orinted NHL. The games is much faster and tougher than when technicans like Gretzky dominated it and the role of a single superstar is getting less and less visible because players like Stevens, Pronger, Lidstrem and Nidermayer can handle anybody,

Bure, Jagr, Selanne, Forsberg, Hejduk, Gaborik, old Bondra, old Yashin, old Fedorov and now Kovalev and Mogilny are exceptions rather than rules.

Zhamnov isnt a number 1 center..........he's a strong number two....... I think a guy we have named Tyler Arnason is that number 1 guy.... he reminds me alot of JR for some reason.... He's a great offensive talent.

Goalie is one area where I am worried...... I'd like to steal Legace from you guys.

Why did you guys give up on Nylander and Berezin as well as a few other guys you traded before DL? Until your youngsters are ready (lol kinda like the Sox), you will need someone to lead this team and Fleury is out, lol

As far as Daytsuk goes, he is the best puckhandler in NHL now and is only getting better. Black Hawks would have to put together one hell of a proposal.

Why did you guys give up on Nylander and Berezin as well as a few other guys you traded before DL?  Until your youngsters are ready (lol kinda like the Sox), you will need smeone to lead this team and Fleury is out, lol

As far as Daytsuk goes, he is the best puckhandler in NHL now and is only getting better. Black Hawks would have to put together one hell of a proposal.

I like datsyuk alot...... I remember watching a piece on him on NHL2NiGHt.

It was when he first came into the league and was on the Hull line. He told Brett something in russian and he didnt understand him. Hull finally asked one of the russian players what he was saying and it was sumthing pass the puck to me and let me skate or something like that. after that datsyuk scored like 5 goals in the next 3 games, he is truly a talent.

Maybe with Yzerman leaving.... you guys could use a Daze or a Sullivan. Maybe Packege Sullivan, and Thibault, and get Datsyuk and Legace. I'd do it in a second.

Nylander was a early season trade...... We wanted to get a faceoff guy and a tuff guy so we got nikolishin and chris simon.

Berezin, Thomas, Housley and co. were cost cutting measures....... and we got like 5 or 6 picks in return...... kinda like what the sox did in July last year.