Brandon McCarthy To Make Major League Debut

Chisoxfn

Brandon McCarthy Promoted to Chicago

By Jason Gage

May 20, 2005

FutureSox.com

The Chicago White Sox are expected to promote RHP Brandon McCarthy to Chicago over the weekend. The 21 year old right hander is going to make his major league debut on Sunday at Wrigley Field in place of Orlando “El Duque” Hernandez. FutureSox.com is checking with its sources to find out the reason for Hernandez being scratched...MORE

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 20, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
From what I've gathered thus far its unclear on what exactly is going on with El Duque.  I'm trying to figure out in that regards, but we don't really have many major league contacts.

What? Your slacking you f***in slacker!

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 20, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
You're sure linking to us a lot lately, Cheat. :P

I appreciate what you guys do. I wouldn't have the time or petience for it. I'm just not that interested in who wins or loses at the minor league level. I just pay attention to individual stats of a few prospects.

My thoughts are that hopefully the Duke doenst miss but a couple of starts. In addition BMac will get a taste of the big leagues, and if worse come to worse we have money to spend down the line for another starter, when was the last time we could say that we will be buyers by the trade deadline. Also we get a "free" addition when the Hurt makes it back. All in all this is the first time I can remember that I am not devastated by this type of news.

I believe that AJ will be a huge help if in fact BMac is coming up.

GO SOX!!!

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 20, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)
On the local Chicago news at 6, nobody had anything on this. It will be interesting to see it mentioned on all of the broadcasts at 10. You guys were their source.

Bruce Levine was the first to report the rumor and Offman reported McCarthy boarding a plane. :huh

EDIT: Perhaps I should just congratulate Jason as that seems to be the trend. :cheers

Edited by AddisonStSox

Per Bruce Levine on ESPN 1000, McCarthy will be in Chicago tomorrow. El Duque is having "physical problems." He didn't think Duque would miss more than 2 starts, and it's not clear right now whether he would even miss Sunday's game. McCarthy has not been activated. The Sox are playing this one by ear.

BMac has been smacked around his past 2 starts. It will be interesting to see if he can turn it around at the MLB level.

By the way, great job guys, nobody else was even talking about this while you guys had it up for a while.

Edited by Palehosefan

What the hell are "physical problems?" That doesn't good, even if Bruce speculations are right about him missing only one or two starts or even none. Nonetheless, it's not good to hear and you wonder if in his last start he was hurt, he has been throwing a lot of pitches this year.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 20, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
Bruce Levine was the first to report the rumor and Offman reported McCarthy boarding a plane. :huh

EDIT: Perhaps I should just congratulate Jason as that seems to be the trend. :cheers

He is not boarding the plane right now. He's supposed to fly into Chicago tomrrow.