Brandon McCarthy To Make Major League Debut

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 20, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
game could be washed, which would make all of this talk useless.

Interesting.

So we call him up waste an option and start the arb. clock for a rain out?

Edited by WHarris1

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH
How about answering a phone sometime.

Hello? Hello?

Can you not take a hint, I was on a conference call. Sox take a nice win at Wrigley and you're still pissed off about something, unbelieveable.

Guest JimH
*grabs some popcorn*

:lol: good one, but I'm handling this via PM. He must've called my f***ing home phone 8 times in the first 3 innings. Jesus, enough is enough. When I don't answer my damn phone, that means I'm damn busy. Which I was. Holy smokes, take a hint. I'm on a conference call and the call waiting keeps going "beep" and I damn well know who it is ... probably about something really important too.

:wacko:

QUOTE(BobDylan @ May 20, 2005 -> 06:07 PM)
Is it just me, or having won 30 games and massing a 5.5 game lead on the Twins, is this the last thing you wanted to see? For me it is. Even if BMac does come up and do well, the idea of him sucking balls and Duque going down for awhile is not one that is well to ponder.  :crying

As far as I'm concerned Duque has pitched like crap most of the time with the Sox anyway. This past outing was just a matter of time. Guys are on base all day long in his starts and his command for the most part has been awful.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 20, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
:lol: good one, but I'm handling this via PM.  He must've called my f***ing home phone 8 times in the first 3 innings.  Jesus, enough is enough.  When I don't answer my damn phone, that means I'm damn busy.  Which I was.  Holy smokes, take a hint.  I'm on a conference call and the call waiting keeps going "beep" and I damn well know who it is ... probably about something really important too.

way to handle it via pm

:P

He must've called my f***ing home phone 8 times in the first 3 innings.

:lolhitting

I know people like that...they are either 1) women or 2) 9 years old.

Just teasing quick.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 20, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
As far as I'm concerned Duque has pitched like crap most of the time with the Sox anyway.  This past outing was just a matter of time.  Guys are on base all day long in his starts and his command for the most part has been awful.

Yep. He's definitely been a high wire act.

:lol: good one, but I'm handling this via PM.  He must've called my f***ing home phone 8 times in the first 3 innings.  Jesus, enough is enough.  When I don't answer my damn phone, that means I'm damn busy.  Which I was.  Holy smokes, take a hint.  I'm on a conference call and the call waiting keeps going "beep" and I damn well know who it is ... probably about something really important too.

goodbye

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 20, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)
Interesting.

So we call him up waste an option and start the arb. clock for a rain out?

Well they won't officially put him on the roster until its official. But thats also assuming he's only up for one start. HE's gonna be up here, like I said when Duque was signed i was pissed because its just a matter of time until he gets injured. However if Duque helps Contreras become a good pitcher I'll be happy.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 20, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
Well they won't officially put him on the roster until its official.  But thats also assuming he's only up for one start.  HE's gonna be up here, like I said when Duque was signed i was pissed because its just a matter of time until he gets injured.  However if Duque helps Contreras become a good pitcher I'll be happy.

El Duque=a gamer, regardless of WHIP, BAA, etc

I would just go by wins with that guy.

Guest JimH
(whispers in SFF's ear)

Just stand back and let them go at it.

Don't worry, I'll steal his lunch box or something.

If all else fails I'll have a talk with him by the swing set at recess.

Now that I think about it, pitching on Sunday for Garland would still have him on the same rest schedule. So its funny they didn't consider that and give Bmac the start on Monday in Anaheim (which would of pissed me off cause I can't go to the game since I'll be taking a final during that time period, lol).

Plus you got to think if they moved Garland to Sunday and Bmac on Monday you'd break up the cuban connection once El Duque was back. I guess they aren't going for that and for all we know this injury is more serious than any of us believe.

Of course on the other end of things, Duque may just be a little tired and Ozzie and the staff know that Duque has been known to break down so they figure they could have Bmac come up, get his feet wet, and get a few starts at this level while keeping Duque fresh (hell its possible, although I doubt it).

Just throwing out some other possibilities.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 21, 2005 -> 03:09 AM)
Of course on the other end of things, Duque may just be a little tired and Ozzie and the staff know that Duque has been known to break down so they figure they could have Bmac come up, get his feet wet, and get a few starts at this level while keeping Duque fresh (hell its possible, although I doubt it). 

Just throwing out some other possibilities.

I think your scenario is more likely than a serious type injury. That we haven't heard anything about El Duque's arm in the days right after he last threw leads me to believe this is a precautionary move.

Guest JimH
I think your scenario is more likely than a serious type injury. That we haven't heard anything about El Duque's arm in the days right after he last threw leads me to believe this is a precautionary move.

Agree.

Next thing you know they'll announce El Duque hurt his arm taking batting practice or something, LOL.