I got my wisdom teeth pulled today

WilliamTell

They had to cut all of mine out, and the bleeding lasted for about 2 hours, then the pain quit about 20 hours after the surgery, it was gone by late the next day. Nothing like walking around with kleenaxes stuffed in your mouth in every corner :-P

I had it done. No pain, was at work less than 24 hours later.

But I did develop dry socket later. Incredibly painful. Horrible--a million times worse than having my teeth out. So, uh, don't get that....

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ May 20, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)

But I did develop dry socket later. Incredibly painful. Horrible--a million times worse than having my teeth out. So, uh, don't get that....

yeah I'm hoping I won't have that. They had to go way deep in to get my top two teeth. But I'm surprised how much the pain has gone down over the last 5 hours.

i had all 4 of mine out and was eating double stacks from wendys the same day not to mentions smoking mutal things, not something i would call painful more annoying, anyway just make sure you rinse your mouth out alot, i had no infection what so ever and did everything they told me not to do, i just rinsed more than they recommended.

I remember getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled back in high school. All i really recall was the gas, and hearing crunching sounds as my teeth were being pulled.

Afterwards, my dad had to drive me home and i slept for a couple of hours. When i awoke, i was informed by my old man that (while under the gas ) on the way out i made a VERY indecent pass at a nurse and threw up in the front office.

I never found out which nurse it was but i still can dream. :D

My jaw was sore for the rest of the day but that was about it.

juddling

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ May 20, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)

I had three done at once, then a water main broke and they couldn't finish the fourth. That evening I played 18 holes without any pain or discomfort, and I'm a woos about pain. I thought anyone who complained about a simple tooth extration was a baby.

The fourth was a horse of a different color. I developed "dry socket" (insert KY joke here) at about 1 am. The rest of the night I slept like a baby, that means waking up every 30 minutes, crying and screaming, wanting my mommy, and nothing would make me feel better. :angry: