Six man rotation?

chisoxtime

It would make sense to give Duque the rest, but from what I've always learned, pitchers like getting the ball every 5th day and I don't think the Sox want to mess with that.

Plus these guys are horses and injuries are gonna happen regardless of it being a 5 man or a 6 man. The only thing is your gonna have fewer games started by your best pitchers (at this point Garland/Buehrle) and more started by the not so good ones.

If the Sox are planning on BMac starting two games, they'll probably put El Duque on the DL. It would be retroactive to the last time he pitched, which I believe was Sunday the 15th. By the time his slot came up for the third time, he'd be eligible to come off the DL.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 21, 2005 -> 07:13 PM)
If the Sox are planning on BMac starting two games, they'll probably put El Duque on the DL.  It would be retroactive to the last time he pitched, which I believe was Sunday the 15th.  By the time his slot came up for the third time, he'd be eligible to come off the DL.

That's a good idea YAS. The Sox should really just shut down El Duque for the rest of the month at least, if there any problems with his arm whatsoever. He's going to crucial for us down the stretch, so it's ideal that he needs to be healthy then. Possible short - term pain for long - term gain, if you get my thinking.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 21, 2005 -> 03:13 AM)
If the Sox are planning on BMac starting two games, they'll probably put El Duque on the DL.  It would be retroactive to the last time he pitched, which I believe was Sunday the 15th.  By the time his slot came up for the third time, he'd be eligible to come off the DL.

It would also look like BMac's second start would come against Texas, and he pitched twice against them in Spring Training - the first time he was lights out, the second time he had a rough inning. So he'll be familiar with their lineup.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ May 21, 2005 -> 06:00 AM)
It would also look like BMac's second start would come against Texas, and he pitched twice against them in Spring Training - the first time he was lights out, the second time he had a rough inning. So he'll be familiar with their lineup.

That depends on if he starts today or tomorrow vs. the Scrubs. If he starts today, his next turn would be in Anahiem, against Los Angeles.